TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Would this be a good deal?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by hawkitt, Sep 1, 2017.

1. hawkitt

hawkitt Member

Hello all,

Long time Tesla enthusiast here :)

I currently have an Inventory car on hold for me and if its ok with you, I want to hear your opinions if this is a good deal or not.

it is for a 2015 P90DL which was a Demo car in California. It currently has 44K miles on it and old facia.

Things to consider:

- As it is an inventory car the New vehicle Warranty starts the day I take ownership of the car.
    - As it a "new" car it is eligible for the Tax credit ($7,500)

Equipment:

upload_2017-9-1_10-53-29.png

So price wise it is in the realm of a new 75 with AP2.5 Hardware. Or 20K more expensive than a Model 3 (with a reservation estimated delivery for Dec-Feb) And on the other hand, it has Ludicrous!

Any advice you may have for this?

Thank you all

2. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

That looks like a great deal. Are you purchasing or leasing? I'll bet with that showroom discount the lease would be really cheap. So you may want them to run that as well. With the mileage and AP1, it might make a perfect lease opportunity.

3. hawkitt

hawkitt Member

I try to lease it but given the high mileage it has they are not leasing it and also the interest rate would not be the .99 they are offering but rather the same as a used car which is close to 3% with them.

4. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

Ok, still seems like a good deal, so long as the condition of the car works for you. Not sure where you are, but they may cut the transportation fee a bit. I've seen some of the AP1 "new" cars get shipped for $1,000. I'll send you a PM with some strategy on the transportation fee. Also, because it is a new car still, you should be able to apply a referral code for an additional $1,000 off.

5. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Wow. That is the same price as the 2015 CPO P85D non L we bought and you can still get a referral discount on yours.

I would say totally worth it and an extremely good deal. We would have bought that in a heartbeat when we were shopping.

6. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

Are there more like it? That looks like a great deal for AP1.

7. hawkitt

hawkitt Member

Its the only one that I know of :)

8. hawkitt

hawkitt Member

Good to have some reassurance that this is indeed a good deal :D thx

9. Boourns

Boourns Member

If you are asking whether 48% off of a brand-new Model S is a good deal, then yes.

10. Iluvpcs

Iluvpcs Member

If you don't take this, let me know. I have a CPO order in for a P85D, and I would change it for this car.

11. hawkitt

hawkitt Member

Thank you for the PMs :)

12. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Well, technically "new" in the sense is that is hasn't been titled by private owner. It still has 44K miles on it. I think it is good deal as long as the buyer understands the ramifications and possible wear and tear there might be from that many miles, which has probably meant been used as a loaner vehicle.

13. hawkitt

hawkitt Member

I'll surely let you know if it comes to that :)

14. Vijet

Vijet New Member

Definitely a good deal. Will you be able to inspect the vehicle before delivery if it's in their inventory? It'd be better to take a look at it before your jump in, to check if there's any excessive wear.
    Also, if you don't mind, can you tell how did you get to know of this deal? I don't see any high mileage vehicles being listed in the inventory online.

15. hawkitt

hawkitt Member

Well, the discount price is good, now will that make it a good deal that is a different question. For exactly the same price I can get a 75 with the newest autopilot hardware (2.5) and its 4.3sec acceleration.

16. hawkitt

hawkitt Member

Agreed, it is by no means new and I have been told to expect normal wear and tear. They will do their best to bring it to as New condition as possible but it will still be "used". On the other hand, it has a New Vehicle warranty so that will help cover any degradation or hardware malfunctions for some time.

17. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Will you still have the option to purchase the extended warranty since its "new"? That would allow it to be warrantied up to 144k miles which is kinda awesome.

18. hawkitt

hawkitt Member

I wont be able to see it, it is located in SJ and I am on Raleigh so I will just have to trust them on the state of the car.

19. hawkitt

hawkitt Member

I just asked that question, and they told me I can definitely extend it :D

• Like x 1
  20. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

As a Demo for 44K miles, wonder how many times it has been placed in launch mode?