TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Would this be covered under warranty?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by KCKIWI, Jul 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. KCKIWI

KCKIWI Member

While giving her a good clean this weekend I noticed this on the front bumper. Looks like they didn't paint it right. It feels rough and not smooth. Do I have any recourse or am I SOL? It's a 2016 S60D with about 4K miles

Attached Files:

2. Stirthepot

Stirthepot Member

Looks like rock chips from driving. No warranty coverage if it is. You may want to have the front wrapped to protect it.

3. kev1n

kev1n Member

that does not look like rock chips, looks like they didnt get good paint coverage in those areas. i would talk to them about getting it painted again.

• Like x 1
  4. KCKIWI

KCKIWI Member

THIS! The chips are my doing but there is not good coverage at all on those parts.

5. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Supporting Member

My 9/16 build was delivered with a bad paint job on the front bumper. They had to remove and repaint the bumper. My car was basically a Q3 16 rush job as they were pushing very hard to make some sales (delivery) goals by the end of that quarter in order to make gaap profitability (or something).

Anyway, your thin paint areas look just like those on my bumper before they repainted it. Mine were just in more noticeable areas. Definitely take it to a SC and have them look at it.

If they give you some crap about how their robots don't miss spots just send me a PM and I'll give you my VIN. They can look up my build and see that there is indeed a precedent of thin paint spots on a bumper and the solution was to repaint.

• Like x 1
  6. KCKIWI

KCKIWI Member

UPDATE: I called the CS (Kansas City) to schedule an appointment to bring her in. Rep told me to email a pic instead. I sent in the same pic posted here and within 10 min I received a call back from the rep. They were placing an order for a replacement bumper and would let me know after the holiday when it was in so they could proceed to replace. Tesla service FTW!!

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1