Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would this be covered under warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While giving her a good clean this weekend I noticed this on the front bumper. Looks like they didn't paint it right. It feels rough and not smooth. Do I have any recourse or am I SOL? It's a 2016 S60D with about 4K miles

Attachments

• IMG_2314.JPG
    IMG_2314.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2316.JPG
    IMG_2316.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2317.JPG
    IMG_2317.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 95
My 9/16 build was delivered with a bad paint job on the front bumper. They had to remove and repaint the bumper. My car was basically a Q3 16 rush job as they were pushing very hard to make some sales (delivery) goals by the end of that quarter in order to make gaap profitability (or something).

Anyway, your thin paint areas look just like those on my bumper before they repainted it. Mine were just in more noticeable areas. Definitely take it to a SC and have them look at it.

If they give you some crap about how their robots don't miss spots just send me a PM and I'll give you my VIN. They can look up my build and see that there is indeed a precedent of thin paint spots on a bumper and the solution was to repaint.

Reactions: KCKIWI
UPDATE: I called the CS (Kansas City) to schedule an appointment to bring her in. Rep told me to email a pic instead. I sent in the same pic posted here and within 10 min I received a call back from the rep. They were placing an order for a replacement bumper and would let me know after the holiday when it was in so they could proceed to replace. Tesla service FTW!!