TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Would VX220 wheels fit the Roadster?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by pgwoosley, Jul 19, 2012.

1. pgwoosley

pgwoosley Member

I notice that the the Vauxhall/Opel VX220 wheels have 5 holes, (in contrast to the 4 holes of the Elise wheels) which raises the question of whether wheels made for the VX220 would fit the Roadster.

Wikipedia does mention that VX220 front wheels are 17 inch in contrast to the Elise's (and Roadster's_ 16 inch front wheels and that the 17 inch front wheels hurt the handling. Apparently, GM wanted the front and rear wheels to be the same diameter on the VX220.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#3 TEG, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    Wheel Fitment.eu Tesla Roadster (2009 - ) - the largest online database with PCD, Offset and Center Bore date for almost every car
    Vx220 Pcd - VX220 Discussion - VX220 Owners Club
    (Well, that part matches at least.)

Different Wheels - VX220 Discussion - VX220 Owners Club - Page 2
    (That matches too... Might fit!)

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

No Model S yet. :crying:

5. pgwoosley

pgwoosley Member

#5 pgwoosley, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    Interesting set of wheels on EBay. co.uk :
    Auction 300588836872
    16" front and 17" rear
    Unless you have an "in" shipping from Europe would be a killer.

6. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

> TEG's chart: Wheel Fitment.eu

Thanx to TEG, I found a useable pair of rims for my Roadster snows. $250-US for the pair on Craigslist. Described as 17x7 Chrome Clad Alloy wheels for:

2005-2010 PONTIAC G6

2006-2010 CHEVROLET HHR

2008-2012 CHEVROLET MALIBU

In the US this rim might be the easiest to locate. I'm using the sellers years & models. The offset is 40, slightly more than Tesla. Rim fits perfectly with plenty of clearance. Now to mount my Yoko snows. Maybe spray black over all that chrome.
    --

Attached Files:

7. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

I've looked into alternative alloy and light weight alloys for my Roadster, here in the UK. Turns out there's quite a choice, with some interesting designs covering alot of modern Alfa Romeo's, Saabs, and Vauxhalls/Opels - most of which are not available in USA.

Below are two tables of EU wheels that match the Roadsters PCD (same link as TEG's). The offsets vary slightly but I doubt +/- 5mm will cause any problems.

Alfa Romeo Wheels can get quite exotic, such as their "teledial" simile to designs sometimes found on Lamborghini's..

I've included some ebay links, and UK alloy wheel websites.

If there's enough interest from USA based roadster owners, I would consider sorting out shipments. I've moved 20 & 40 ft containers worth of 'stuff' back and forth UK/USA before now, and have storage and pallet movement facilities. This would be for alloy wheels, and with/without tyres (as I'm not sure if there's any UK/USA tyre-rating bureaucracy to deal with …).

Play around with the filters for wheel colour settings, and 16/17" etc

http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/selection/index.html?car_model_id=120;cat=;sort=hi-lo;brands=;width=;colour=;page=1;dia=17

Buy 17 ALFA ROMEO GULIETTA Alloy Wheels | ALFA ROMEO GULIETTA Wheels | ALFA ROMEO Alloys

Buy 17 SAAB 9-5 (05-10) Alloy Wheels | SAAB 9-5 (05-10) Wheels | SAAB Alloys

Also, Google "alfa romeo teledial" to get various designs full of holes :)

alfa romeo teledial - Google Search

alfa 159 alloys 16 | eBay

alfa 159 alloys 17 | eBay

fiat croma 17 | eBay

saab 9-5 alloys | eBay

PCDtable0.jpg

PCDtable1.jpg