Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would You Be Willing To Share Your Car?

Would you be willing to add your car to the Tesla Shared Fleet?

• Yes

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The question is, given the choice of owning a Tesla (thanks to the sharing concept) or not owning one at all because they are too expensive is pretty obvious for most on the lower side of the income graph who can only dream of owning one now.

But in order to own a 100K vehicle by sharing it, how often would you have to share it in order to be able to afford it?
Where apart from major urban areas would that even be possible? How large is the sharing market anyway?

From Elon at the Gigafactory opening: ".. the ability to add your car to a shared fleet whenever you want, so whenever you're not using your car, you can tap the Tesla app on your phone, and add it or subtract it from the shared fleet. And you'll be able to define who can use it, like only five star users or anyone, or only family or whatever, and whenever you want it back, tap it and it will return to you."

Section in bold - absolutely changes everything. "Sure, I can drop you to the airport next Friday... while I'm at work"

Reactions: MissAutobahn
From Elon at the Gigafactory opening: ".. the ability to add your car to a shared fleet whenever you want, so whenever you're not using your car, you can tap the Tesla app on your phone, and add it or subtract it from the shared fleet. And you'll be able to define who can use it, like only five star users or anyone, or only family or whatever, and whenever you want it back, tap it and it will return to you."

Section in bold - absolutely changes everything. "Sure, I can drop you to the airport next Friday... while I'm at work"
I thought exactly the same thing when I heard it, and I suspect this comes as a direct reply to those who've already expressed concerns about those issues.