TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Would You Be Willing To Share Your Car?

Discussion in 'Autonomous Vehicles' started by Mad Hungarian, Jul 20, 2016.

?

Would you be willing to add your car to the Tesla Shared Fleet?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Maybe

24 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. No

32 vote(s)
    45.1%
  1. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Total Smeghead

But in order to own a 100K vehicle by sharing it, how often would you have to share it in order to be able to afford it?
    Where apart from major urban areas would that even be possible? How large is the sharing market anyway?

2. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

From Elon at the Gigafactory opening: ".. the ability to add your car to a shared fleet whenever you want, so whenever you're not using your car, you can tap the Tesla app on your phone, and add it or subtract it from the shared fleet. And you'll be able to define who can use it, like only five star users or anyone, or only family or whatever, and whenever you want it back, tap it and it will return to you."

Section in bold - absolutely changes everything. "Sure, I can drop you to the airport next Friday... while I'm at work"

• Like x 1
  3. Mad Hungarian

Mad Hungarian Member

I thought exactly the same thing when I heard it, and I suspect this comes as a direct reply to those who've already expressed concerns about those issues.

4. raysspl

raysspl Member

More of a maybe for me but probably not