Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you bother? 3 Hour Drive / Fix These Issues

canadianeh

Jan 31, 2020
Canada
Looking at my now 3 week old Model 3, I have a few small issues, but nothing that effects the car (which is awesome).

All of these issues have ben documented and I've spoken about with my Service Advisor. I think a few of the issues could be fixed via Mobile service but I'm not sure? It's a 3 hour drive to the service center.

1) Trunk Alignment / slightly off. They said this has to be done at the service center.

2) Rear Passenger Wheel Well shielding is not attached - mobile service?

3) Rear passenger interior trim - there's a small piece of trim loose - mobile service?

4) Weird rust staining on brand new rockers / not fallout.... Also noted to SA shortly after delivery - def needs to be looked at by the service center

Issue #1 I can likely live with. It's not awful

Issue #2 - concerns me for winter coming

Issue #3 - not a huge deal

Issue #4 - concerning considering they're brand new, but not sure they will do anything about this.

MarsOrBust

Sep 25, 2020
Kepler-22b
Great car and you paid no good chunk a change for it so it needs to be right. Get a list, check it twice and get them to fix it. That will also let them figure out how QC is important and possibly help future buyers.

Reactions: chrstna4

Big Dog

Mar 7, 2016
Irvine, CA
make an appointment online, and they might send a mobile service guy out to fix what he can. In the meantime, you have a written record of the stuff that mobile can't do.

boiler81

Feb 22, 2016
Manson, WA
It's also a 3 hour drive for me to my service center, so I told them I wanted a Tesla loaner, for my return trip home for the multi-day repair of similar fit and finish issues. I got a P85D with Ludacris, which made for a fun drive home at the stop lights.
Tesla should be made it right for you, since you paid for a new car, not one with issues.

• Love

canadianeh

Jan 31, 2020
Canada
It's also a 3 hour drive for me to my service center, so I told them I wanted a Tesla loaner, for my return trip home for the multi-day repair of similar fit and finish issues. I got a P85D with Ludacris, which made for a fun drive home at the stop lights.
Tesla should be made it right for you, since you paid for a new car, not one with issues.

I actually didnt consider they would need to keep my car for multi-day repairs. Which makes sense, I guess.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC