Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you bother? 3 Hour Drive / Fix These Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at my now 3 week old Model 3, I have a few small issues, but nothing that effects the car (which is awesome).

All of these issues have ben documented and I've spoken about with my Service Advisor. I think a few of the issues could be fixed via Mobile service but I'm not sure? It's a 3 hour drive to the service center.

1) Trunk Alignment / slightly off. They said this has to be done at the service center.

2) Rear Passenger Wheel Well shielding is not attached - mobile service?

3) Rear passenger interior trim - there's a small piece of trim loose - mobile service?

4) Weird rust staining on brand new rockers / not fallout.... Also noted to SA shortly after delivery - def needs to be looked at by the service center

Issue #1 I can likely live with. It's not awful

Issue #2 - concerns me for winter coming

Issue #3 - not a huge deal

Issue #4 - concerning considering they're brand new, but not sure they will do anything about this.

It's also a 3 hour drive for me to my service center, so I told them I wanted a Tesla loaner, for my return trip home for the multi-day repair of similar fit and finish issues. I got a P85D with Ludacris, which made for a fun drive home at the stop lights.
Tesla should be made it right for you, since you paid for a new car, not one with issues.

• Love
Reactions: chrstna4
It's also a 3 hour drive for me to my service center, so I told them I wanted a Tesla loaner, for my return trip home for the multi-day repair of similar fit and finish issues. I got a P85D with Ludacris, which made for a fun drive home at the stop lights.
Tesla should be made it right for you, since you paid for a new car, not one with issues.

I actually didnt consider they would need to keep my car for multi-day repairs. Which makes sense, I guess.