Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would You Buy a Model 3 Again Today?

Would you buy a Model 3 again today?

• Yes

Votes: 239 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2019-10-10_13-38-39.png

The no votes are statistically irrelevant.

You'd die from holding your breath with this kind of response if you were waiting for Tesla soft skills to get better.

Can you update your pool to include the Model Y or any other Tesla?

I think: Would you buy a new Tesla again today?

Would be more representative, because if I get in an accident for example,
I would like better getting a Model Y than a Model 3.
The point is, after owning the car, would you still buy it again. So, it's a way to measure owner satisfaction. If you change to a different model it doesn't help to determine if you like your Model 3 enough to spend the $ again.

Did the Model 3 itself meet or exceed expectations? Yep
Did AP/EAP/FSD meet or exceed expectations? No
Did Tesla customer sales/support meet or exceed expectations? No
Did Tesla service meet or exceed expectations? Yep

It really comes down to the fact that I'm loyal to the entire EV+Supercharger (or equivalent) experience, and would consider Tesla for repeat business if they do a better job in some areas.

But, the car itself is solid.

My next EV will be an offroad capable EV as I'm pretty bored with passenger vehicle EV's. Something mean/aggressive versus overly nice like the Model 3. Heck the Model 3's frontal face looks like it's smiling.

Might be a Rivan
Might be a Tesla Truck
Might be a Model Y if it does well in offroad tests. Probably not, but you never know
Might be some kind of Audi

Now there is a very remote chance that I buy my Mom a Model 3, but that's only if the FSD is really, really solid which I doubt will happen while she's alive.

Reactions: camalaio
Yeah, but you see the Tesla truck and model y in the wild...

You do? I don't think anyone has ever seen a Tesla truck. I'm pretty sure all the renders out there are just fan art. And the Model Y isn't suppose to start getting produced until next year, so again if there is one in the wild it would be a prototype.

The Rivians are nice looking vehicles though. Very Range Rover-esq. You can tell they're taking it serious, like Tesla, and trying to design something people will actually want to buy. Unlike most other manufacturers who are just building compliance cars and making them as ugly as possible to limit sales. I think it will be good if Rivian does well because it will provide a bit of competition for Tesla, create another US based automaker, and give people who want an EV more serious options.

I'm not sure the whole fast charging thing is going to be an advantage for Tesla for long. As part of the Diesel-gate settlement VW is installing DC fast chargers all over the US and Europe and they use a standard connection that any automaker can use. Once enough of those are functional any car that can use them will be able to travel long distances just like a Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
I would but I’d get the PD3. If I could splurge definitely a Model S as it just had a few more creature comforts the Model 3 lacks. Overall, besides the horrible supply chains issues and questionable customer service, I’m happy with my purchase.

I drove an S and my biggest issue with it was how big it was. It felt like driving a Cadillac or BMW 7 series. It still had the acceleration, but just felt big.

I wish there was a higher trim Model 3. Right now it seems like they're building them all to the $35k spec, then just adding on "toys" to justify the higher priced versions. The base car is still built like a $35k car. I'd rather have something like the BMW 3 series that's built like a $50k car and goes up from there with options.

You do? I don't think anyone has ever seen a Tesla truck. I'm pretty sure all the renders out there are just fan art. And the Model Y isn't suppose to start getting produced until next year, so again if there is one in the wild it would be a prototype.

when I said truck I was referring to the big rig, but yes There have been sightings of model y and the big rig in the wild. I’m surprised you hadn’t heard about it. That’s why I was wondering if we have seen rivians outside of a controlled environment.

when I said truck I was referring to the big rig, but yes There have been sightings of model y and the big rig in the wild. I’m surprised you hadn’t heard about it. That’s why I was wondering if we have seen rivians outside of a controlled environment.

I thought you were talking about the Tesla pickup truck. I also thought by "in the wild" you meant one that was actually sold to a customer. Just a misunderstanding on my part.

• Informative
Reactions: qdeathstar
I wanted a new S (air suspension, all aluminum rust free body, less road noise, more room and additional features not available on the Model 3) , but I couldn't afford it and I didn't want to buy used, so I bought the 3. My experience with the Model 3 has been very good and I will probably buy one again in the future unless I can find a way to justify the cost of an S. My LR RWD Model 3 is a great car and my spouse and I love it, but IMHO the S would have been a better fit.