Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you buy a new 2019 inventory model 3 with 6k discount?

Would you take the discount on a “new” 2 year old 3?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really depends on if you can get a satisfactory answer for "why" it has been sitting that long (and an understanding that, the car has almost 2 years of depreciation on it already too, so that 6k discount isnt "really" a 6k discount. it may not even be discounted enough for what its worth due to depreciation).

I certainly wouldnt buy it, but I have very little tolerance (or high skepticism, depending on how you look at it) for a "new" car that had been sitting around for 2 years. Some see a deal, I see "WTF bbq?!?!?" (lol).

that being said, some people really like deals like these. If thats you, and you get a good answer for why it was sitting around (and maybe some other goodies thrown in like free supercharging for a year or something if that has value to you)... maybe?
I love deals like these personally. My P3D and the wife’s MX were both wonderful examples of cars that fell through the cracks and went unsold for several quarter ends, yet have turned out to have been cared for at least as well if not better than a gently used example.

Reactions: pl8dlikafiddle
Yeah I would totally pay 1k more for a 2020 with 2700 miles! This gives me hope and I will continue to look. Thank you for the information!

Edit - actually, my build was base without wheels so your deal is just as good if not better than the one I found. Did you get yours from a sales advisor or just stalked the website?

I called my sales advisor from my first Tesla purchase to schedule a Model Y test drive. Randomly asked what inventory Model 3's are in the area, and this one was available. He texted me a direct link to it and secured it immediately because of the price.