Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you buy an Apple Car?

Would you consider this?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you managed to avoid any of the recalls? My wife had a lot of battery problems with her iPhones over the years, as well as general problems with them getting too hot to touch and stuff like that. The support experience was extremely poor, basically denial until eventually they acknowledged it and did a repair programme. Had to fight them to refund the service fees they had already charged us though.

So, Apple would perfectly model the Tesla experience? Partially in jest, but I am a FanBoi for both platforms. With all the warts, IMHO, they are the best choices for me. Let me know when you can walk into a Samsung or Google phone store to actually get service.

So, Apple would perfectly model the Tesla experience? Partially in jest, but I am a FanBoi for both platforms. With all the warts, IMHO, they are the best choices for me. Let me know when you can walk into a Samsung or Google phone store to actually get service.

We don't have Google phone stores but I've never had trouble getting service from them. My Pixels have a feature that lets you chat to a real human almost instantly, and they can help you with any issues and see what is on your screen if you left them. No need to go to the store.

• Funny
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
I'd buy any car that has a good-feeling combination of 1) Safety, 2) Performance, 3) Range, 4) Space, and 5) Price. Currently Tesla has no rivals.

Price, really?

Can you say why something like an e-Niro doesn't meet these requirements? More space than a Model 3 or S, cheaper, 300 miles range, reasonably quick, lots of tech, autopilot, good safety ratings etc.

• Funny
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
Customer service like this?

They do have a tendency to at least try to fob you off.

They seem to be trained to never admit anything about Apple products sucks either, which makes it hard to get basic information. Like I asked if you could use the pen to write an email like you can with Samsung and eventually got the answer that no you can't, but there might be an app for it, but they don't know what the app is and I can't test it out in the store.

If you'd like to know more about what it takes to be an Apple Genius: How To Be a Genius: This Is Apple's Secret Employee Training Manual

Point is customer service comes down to the person. Yeah, people suck. If you feel like you're not getting good customer service, then try a different person. If you keep getting a bad experience, try checking the mirror.

What it says in the book and the policy on the ground are two different things. Anyway, a lot of the problems are at the corporate level, e.g. denying faults for years like the iPhone 6 battery issues, the Macbook hinge problems, the butterfly keyboard's flakiness, the laptop screen faults etc. Or simply bad apps that nobody except the developers at Apple can do anything about, e.g. Apple Maps.

Can you imagine if Apple had launched a car with Apple Maps? Telling people to drive on to runways, off bridges, into the outback etc.

What if the Apple Car isn't a car?

A few years ago, there were rumors that Apple was interested in Lit Motors, which was working on a self-balancing, fully enclosed electric motorcycle. Since then, Lit Motors has gone dark and rumors are that some of their employees moved to Apple. A highly differentiated product is more the Apple way than another me-too premium electric car.

If a really nice enclosed bike the product Apple makes, I'm in line to buy one. Mr. Uujjj gave up motorcycling when he had kids, but deep down, he still thinks two wheels is better than four. Lane splitting without the death wish! Hell yeah!

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
Let's be honest here. Tesla has a closed proprietary architecture mindset and love of altering the UI at random too.

Absolutely. Those are perhaps the two biggest flaws in Tesla's business model.

I tried pretty much all the EVs before buying a Tesla. Only Tesla offered the payload, towing, and range I needed in an EV. If I didn't need a work 'truck' EV, I would have settled on other EV choices.

My iPhone has just underwent another pointless alteration of basic functionality. My New Year's Resolution is to use my Android exclusively. What was stopping me before? Migration losses. Everytime you alter a UI for any business product, you incur lost startup costs. There is no such thing as 'free time'. Losing time up front and not gaining it back later is bad. With cars, it can be deadly.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod