Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you cancel your order if you do not get it by the end of 2018 poll

Would you cancel your model 3 order if you do not get it by the end of 2018 poll

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already did when it became obvious that the Model 3 wont show up in europe before sometime 2019. Worst case it could probably even end up coming pretty close to the release of the VW ID which is the 2nd EV I`m interested in.
I really do hope that VW delivers and that no more than 20,000 other people want one, because they won’t make enough of them. Better to have kept your place in the queue.

What car do you have now?

I went from about 7 years of driving BMWs (last car was BMW M235i) to a 2017 Honda CR-V. Honestly, I could still cry... Yeah, I know how that sounds, but it's about as basic of a car that you can get. 27mpg is nice (coming from 24mpg with even smaller tank that required premium fuel), as is the utility/room, but it's such an uncomfortable ride and the "turbo" engine has as much lag as a 56k dial-up modem.

My lease was coming up and I needed to get out of a 2-door coupe with my daughter reaching a size where it was getting difficult to get her in/out of the backseat. I was looking at the 4 series gran coupe (love that hatchback) and 5 series, as well as some smaller BMW SUVs. I even looked at preowned Model S but couldn't justify the price when factoring in everything I wanted (dual motor, EAP, etc.) and considering it was the older style and I couldn't claim the federal tax credit.

A guy in my office used to work at a local Honda dealer so I got a really good price. I told myself that I could do this... I knew my family would be expanding, that I'd save a little money, and with the active cruise control I would at least get some relief on my long commute that is bumper-to-bumper for a good portion.

I stopped in a Tesla dealership about two weeks ago just to see if they had any Model 3s to look at in person, ended up taking a test drive and was hooked. I've driven my mother-in-laws Model S quite a few times so I was familiar with the driving experience and the tech on-board, but that car is nowhere near as nimble or fun as the 3 I test drove and that was just the RWD, not the AWD I ordered without a prior reservation. It's been less than a year of ownership with current vehicle, but I don't even care at this point about what I'll lose on trade-in (well, I do if it's fairly significant - which is why I want the full tax credit if I make the move).

So in the end, I am hopeful that Tesla can hit their projected delivery date for my vehicle because I really do not look forward to the prospect of spending another year or two in my current vehicle.

as much as I want the 3p its hard to justify the cost, free supercharging I figured would take me 10 years to recoup the cost...every .1 sec is $1000, its almost crazy im considering ito_O:)o_O
I picked up my M3 on 7/1. When I configured, there was no P and AWD was a ways away. After driving the M3 for 7 weeks, I love it. But if I'd've known how much I like driving it, I would've paid the extra $15k for the P and just hoped it would be delivered in 2018 to get the full 7500 tax credit. Keep in mind it is a credit so 1) it's not refundable and 2) it's not carry-overable. I've already received the PG&E $500 rebate and HOV stickers, just waiting for the CA CRV $2500 rebate.

In the Ontario tax rebate situation, I believe they gave people refunds for their "non-refundable deposit" after the loss of the rebate. T

hey might do it for a few edge cases but the US tax credit has a defined end date where as Ontario didn't. Allowing many people to refund and cancel would be a nightmare.

I expect them to have an internal deadline (e.g. if you order before November for an eight week lead time) where you will be eligible for a full refund and anything after would be denied.

I would definitely wait and not cancel, here in the uk the model3 are as rare as hens teeth, not sure when the awd and p will be available here, i use my car for work (mental health) and carry individuals,so i will not purchase until I stop working or stop carrying individuals, as hygiene is not always the best