Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you charge and park here?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came across this sign at a Charge Point station in a pay to park structure on the UCSD campus last night.

Sign.jpg

Would you charge and park here?

The "UC Permit Required" scared me off. When I go to their website to look for clarification, I see "UC San Diego has installed several public electric vehicle (EV) charging stations." I'm public.

I am in the process of contacting management to get an answer. If I can park there, I'm going to suggest they strike the UC Permit Required verbiage. I'll update later with their response.

Reactions: willow_hiller
A7595E1F-7DBF-4F04-AF65-79622A78AAA2.jpeg
@Tam
No I didn’t expect free. I definitely paid when I entered the parking structure $12

Update
The parking enforcement manager called me back and confirmed that with the Visitor “Permit” I could have parked in that spot and charged. BTW the rates are $0.15/kWh

We discussed the term UC Permit Required and he agreed it could be confusing to a Visitor. He said if I thought that was bad it’s also confusing for student and staff sometimes. They issue 59 different types of permits!

He promised to discuss it at the weekly management meeting. I thanked him and look forward to my next visit.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam