Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you drive your car with wheel/tire fitment like this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen other people saying "a miss is as good as a mile" but dang this is pretty close for me...

Car: 2021 M3P
Wheels: Custom 19x10, 35 mm offset
Tires: 275/35/r19 Yokohama Advan Apex

1671487674182.png

... I took them off and ordered a 3 mm spacer. I didn't even try driving it like this even though the wheel/tire assembly spun freely and didn't rub or hit anything.

Reactions: tm1v2
If you have to ask, you have to know that many people would have pushed things to the limits. You would probably be fine with that clearance and the main issue would be having to do your homework if you ever switched tire brand/model at the current 275/35/r19 size.

You'd be fine. Go back a couple pages and you'll find the wide tire thread. You'll see what works and doesn't work, complete with a few pics.
This was extremely helpful, and a fun read! Thanks. I wasn't searching the right key words (not sure why I didn't think of "wide" or "widest"). Knowing I need to zip tie the speed sensor wire back behind the arm is huge, thanks again forum. I'll probably throw these back on today and go for a drive :)

Just for fun... the 19x10" forged wheels with 275/35r19 Yokohama Advan Apex tires weighs in at 54.2 lbs.

The stock 20" Uberturbines with 235/35r20 Toyo Proxes Sport A/S weighs in at... 54.2 lbs. LOL.

I can't believe the weight is exactly the same between both setups. Those Uberturbines are HEAVY!

I just did a track day with 19"x10" ET+35 and Nankang CR-S at 275/35r19. No rubbing on suspension or guards with street camber (i.e. 1 degree) or track camber settings but also fairly tight clearance. If I ever try one of the wider 275s I might be in a spot of bother but these were just right.

Titan 7 T-S5 - 19x9.5 / +34 / 5x114
275/35ZR-19
No spacer

I daily and track this car. I was going to upgrade to a 285 but im unsure it will fit without a spacer. Mine probably looks the same as yours but i never looked it in that view. I never heard any rub.

1671815800387.png