Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you give up free supercharging for life?

Would you give up free supercharging for life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Extrapolation based upon TeslaFi numbers
Some other numbers TeslaFi shows me is that I've spent a total of 63 hours supercharging at 50 different superchargers, with the average session being 25 minutes. That's dwarfed by 1665 hours of charging on level 2 (but I don't have to wait while that happens).

I highly recommend TeslaFi if you haven't tried it. PM for a code to get a 4 week trial.

Free supercharging was a one of the reasons why I bought my model s. Considering electricity rates in Denmark and living very close to a Supercharger i dont think I would have "invested" in a tesla without free supercharhing. A few miles shy of 150000k I have pretty much never charged at home and I am aiming at 1000000k before I am done. My warranty is running out this year ( in 4000k, bought it from Tesla as a trade in, and have not been driving as much as I could). If I manage to reach one million kilometres without having too many costly repairs my cost pr kilometer will be lower than in any previous car, mainly due to free supercharging.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I know that some of us have free supercharging for life. My car is "pre" auto pilot and awd, so to me this is probably one of the best existing benefits that I am not willing to give up to move to the newer car. Let me know what would you consider a "must" to give up this great benefit.
Right now it sounds like to me from articles I read today, that if you place an order or order a car and take delivery by end of month, you could transfer your unlimited for life of car to the next car you own until you sell it. Electrek.co

My answer is no not ready to give it up. Unless I could transfer it to next car only

Reactions: pilotSteve
For the amount of long-distance driving I do, it's a few hundred to maybe low thousands of bucks worth of benefit. Would I let that tail wag the dog of when to replace the car? Oh hell no. I'll miss it when it's gone, though.

That said, I have no plans to replace my (early 2015) car, and in fact just bought the 4 year extended warranty.

For the amount of long-distance driving I do, it's a few hundred to maybe low thousands of bucks worth of benefit. Would I let that tail wag the dog of when to replace the car? Oh hell no. I'll miss it when it's gone, though.

That said, I have no plans to replace my (early 2015) car, and in fact just bought the 4 year extended warranty.

How much did you pay for the extended warranty?? I understand the price for the extended warranty has gone up over the last few years.

LOL.
Going to keep resuscitating my X just to see how far it can go. Goal is 1 million miles.

A few miles shy of 150000k I have pretty much never charged at home and I am aiming at 1000000k before I am done.

Are you hoping Tesla starts giving out these?
iu

GO to Electrek.co the article is clearly marked posted either yesterday or today.

So, your answer is no? It's linked previously this thread.

Maybe you won't have to! Check out this article:

Tesla brings back free Supercharging as end-of-quarter incentive – with a caveat

Sources have now told Electrek that Tesla is bringing back the free Supercharging incentive as an end-of-the-quarter discount to help convince current owners to upgrade their cars.

According to people familiar with the matter, Tesla is offering existing owners with free Supercharging on their current vehicles to be grandfathered-in when purchasing a new Model S or Model X and get 3 years of free unlimited Supercharging if they order and take delivery by the end of the quarter.

I would gladly take a $5k check and pay the going rise for Supercharging. I am 100% sure I would not be the one on that losing end if that deal. No psychological benefit whatsoever for me to say I have FUSC and that’s averaging 3,100 miles a month on my S100D
I'm kind of the opposite. I still don't call people (not counting business related calls) long distance unless it's an emergency or I have something important to say--even though I know it doesn't actually cost anything anymore.

We have free Supercharging on our Model S, but we don't go out of our way to Supercharge just to save money on home charging. We do, however, take road trips which rely on Superchargers.

The eight year battery and drivetrain warranty on our Model S is going to expire in December 2020. I would gladly accept a four year extension of that warranty in exchange for giving up free Supercharging.