Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you go back to 8.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have AP1 vehicle and I’m trying to figure out if it is worth updating, from what I have seen from posted videos I like older interface better. Anybody have regrets updating and would you go back to 8.1 if you could?

...better...

What I like about pre-V9 is: It gives users the flexibility to control the positions of the 2 apps/2 windows between top and bottom.

What bad bout V9 inflexibility is: although you can still have 2 apps but the first app is always the map for the whole screen. It does not allow switching the position of the map to the bottom. It does not allow any other apps like rearview camera on top.

The inflexibility goes further that I can't have a browser and rearview camera on at the same time no matter what kind of positions I put both of them.

Restricting users' freedom to positition 2 apps should not be encouraged. User Interface should allow more freedom, not less.

This kind of inflexibility is really a step back.

I would go back to 18.36 for pin to drive. V9 does not add anything important for me. Besides I feel the efficiency seems to go down. My driving used to get 270-275 wh/mi, and this morning after the update it went up to around 290 wh/mi.