Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you join the Elon's Robo-Taxi Fleet with your Tesla?

Would you place your Tesla in Elon's Robo-Taxi Fleet to earn $$$?

• Yes

• No... never

• Maybe... I'll explain the circumstances in the thread below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many of you would consider putting your car up for hire in the Tesla Robo-Taxi Fleet. From the article below, there seems to be a business case to do just that... potentially making $10,000+ per year. Personally, I enjoy driving my Teslas too much, but I'm wondering about those who believe it is a money making endevour.

Autonomous Tesla: How Taxi Service Could Earn You $10,000 per Year | Inverse

If you lease your car, read the agreement. I leased my P90D and it specifically stated that the car could not be used for anything other that personal use.

If you see the people during UBER, who start eating without asking, or have feet on the center console, no, not happening, even if you sit and talk to them so they know your monitoring them on the dash cams, still no, let them puke in a Toyota corolla, not a Tesla.

Reactions: DaveG_NJ
I would consider selling some of my existing investments and purchasing a small fleet of commodity-style cars as a semi-retirement business.
I would try to get a break on the FSD software, though, as a multi-license owner.

There is no way for a few reason.

#1 - Around 10% of the population is just awful. Where they're totally inconsiderate to other peoples property, and they're a pain to deal with.

#2 - There are lots of people who are willing to go risk their money, and their time pursuing things like the Tesla network. They are going to optimize the crap out of it. Like I used to be able to make pretty good money on Lendingclub, but then some big players came along. Then it became a pain, and kinda defeated the point of it.

#3 - FSD will be limited for quite awhile so there is still going to be a reliance on the human element. This makes it more of pain to deal with. I'm not going to go out at 3am to clean some sensors.

I am sure that in 5 years, when I am ready to move to newer technology, Tesla will take my Model 3 in trade to add to their Taxi fleet. Since it will still be of good value to them I hope to get a decent trade in price towards my new ??? I live in the Southern CA desert and there are many retirees here, including me. My mom lived here for many years and lost her driving privileges several years before she passed. It seems to be one of the most traumatic experiences of aging. I truly believe that by the time that I am too old to drive, there will be many autonomous choices to go to the store or the park or the doctor. Car ownership will become a hobby in the long run if companies like Waymo and Tesla create a safe autonomous driving environment.

Hell Yes. The more people that sit in this car, the more people that want to own one. We needs to get more of these on the road, and let people see it in action. Plus I've always thought of my car as a practical car, and what's more practical than making it work for me.

I wouldn't use my own personal Tesla as a robotaxi, because people in general are slobs and I don't trust a complete stranger to not ruin something whether they are on camera or not, and also because cooties. But, that being said, if it was a worthwhile biz I would consider doing it like buying a car just to be a taxi, that I never drive in myself as long as it would be able to earn like twice as much as the monthly payment each month it would be cool to have for some extra side cash. I imagine many others would have the same idea though and some cities could end up over-saturated to the point where you won't make a huge profit.

Not having a daily commute, I think I’d go for this. Like some other posters, I’d want to know the realistic net income after insurance cost increase, possibly licensing changes (taxi medallion?), constant vehicle cleaning, and so on. But if all that can be identified, worked out, and provide a good return, then I’m in.