TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Would you like to be a rear facing seat passenger in sunny weather?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Trnsl8r, Jul 2, 2012.

1. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Oh, wow. I'm ecstatic to hear they're using laminated glass back there. Where was this orginally posted? At my test drive event I asked several reps at the store before hand if they knew and they all said they thought it was just tempered safety glass.

I'm in Seattle so heat and sun are rare concerns. :)

2. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

To answer the OP's question: Heck, yeah! I'm all about those backwards facing seats...waving to the people behind you, maybe making a few faces...those were the good ole days.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

The quote I provided was part of response to my e-mail questions to Walter.

4. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Idea: install two pairs of bicycle pedals for the kids in the rear-facing seats. See how many people think the Model S is pedal-powered!