Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you like to join me on the Drag Strip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone who would like to take their Tesla to the drag strip in Portland on the 26th October, please let me know.
Welcome to South Coast Raceway

It is the intention to have a day out in Portland at the local drag strip for the local Portland Harbour Probus Club. I will be taking them for an 1/8th mile 'Insane' launch and a chat about the Tesla. A start time of 10am with a BBQ lunch.

There will be a generator setup on site that has 1 x 3 phase 50 amp, 1 x 3 phase 32 amp and 1 x 3 phase 20 amp outlet for charging if required.
IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

I have also asked a few businesses around town if Tesla owners could top up at their businesses, (if there are a number of Teslas that require it) so that's another source for a top up charge as well. 3 Phase 32 amp points.
Portland Chargers.jpg

IMG_0573.JPG

A possible scenario may be to travel down the day before. Stay at the 'Richmond-Henty' Hotel/Motel (2x Tesla HPWC 240 v 32 amp). Travel out to the Speedway and do some 'drags', top up charge using the generator on-site or local business. Then travel back home or the 'Richmond-Henty' or another destination.

Maybe take in some whale watching while you are here or climb some sand dunes with the kids at Swan Lake. (~30 km west of Portland)

Reactions: RichardMcN
Nice idea, well organised and giving us plenty of lead time. Hope you get good support from the TMC group. Would be nice to visit Portland region in late October, maybe a road trip could be organised from Melbourne?