Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you like to see fsd as a subscription option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD as a Service, yes. I'm sure it'll go this way in future. And as a service, it will/should encompass both S/W and H/W continuous updates and upgrades. Managing subscriptions for thousands of customers won't be a problem and for the most part, it's S/W related. I work in the IT industry where enterprise applications (S/W and H/W) are moving to a service based model more and more. I think it's inevitable.

My right hip is jacked up. Been a couple-three weeks, might be 2 or 4 more. Hurts to sit up straight, worse to drive. Yeah, I'd pay a couple months' worth, even though I have no interest in using it long term. So long as it's always "opt in," not "cancel if you don't want to keep it." I'm allergic to those sorts of "deals."

Heck, I'd probably keep it through November, even. Then drive myself again by the time the snow hits.

How can it require extra hardware, when they kept offering it to me as a "free trial" (and froze the screen repeatedly, in the process? Pretty sure they sell most or all of them all "tricked out," and only activate what's paid for.

They should offer a total on-demand option. Let’s say L5 is real. Offer a per-mile/per-use option. Let’s say I’m drunk or tired. Charge $50 or something for a ride home. Add a “drunk detector” (something less intrusive than a breathalyzer) to the car and refuse to move without paying for the robotaxiservice.

Reactions: davewill
They should offer a total on-demand option. Let’s say L5 is real. Offer a per-mile/per-use option. Let’s say I’m drunk or tired. Charge $50 or something for a ride home. Add a “drunk detector” (something less intrusive than a breathalyzer) to the car and refuse to move without paying for the robotaxiservice.

So basically like an uber taxi except instead of being another car, it would be the owner's own car? Interesting.

I tweeted to elon about his thoughts of full self driving as an subscription option, granted i probably wont get a reply, but would you all like to see it available as a subscription? I feel it would be better than paying 6-8K for fsd, because some people cant swallow the deep price, therefore a subscription would be much cheaper and affordable.

Not really. I would prefer just pay for it, once it is available work rather than paying for a feature that doesn't existing in hoping it will come out before I switch to my next car.

Not really. I would prefer just pay for it, once it is available work rather than paying for a feature that doesn't existing in hoping it will come out before I switch to my next car.

Yeah I opted against it this time simply because I don't really need the features it offers now and I don't really believe it'll reach the level they've promised in the 3 years I'll have the car. Maybe next time, even if it's a lot more expensive, I'll spring for it if they've actually got it working to a degree that it's more than just a party trick.

Adding a subscription service would be nothing. I'm betting it wouldn’t take their web team more than a few days to put that together. And since the car has a constant LTE connection it would be easy to enforce as well.

If they wanted to do this they could, with very little effort.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
Adding a subscription service would be nothing. I'm betting it wouldn’t take their web team more than a few days to put that together. And since the car has a constant LTE connection it would be easy to enforce as well.

If they wanted to do this they could, with very little effort.

The same way they have not charged people for the premium data they were supposed to have for only 1 year? They were supposed to have billed lots of people already for a yearly subscription for premium data, that they have not billed yet.

Would be interesting to see a subscription based (flat-fee) model combined with a pay-per-use model (e.g. pay 0,xx$ per mile driven on FSD).

Yes!

Specially for people leasing, doesn't make sense to spend the much money and after 3 years you have to return the car at the end of the lease, you can't keep the car or "transfer" FSD to another car.

Reactions: jsrawa
Personally, I hate subscriptions.

If you don't want to buy it, then you can always pay month to month for it by taking out an auto loan. There really is no need for a subscription model.

Really depends on the use-case. I have a dislike for subscriptions also as the nearly always are more expensive than one time payment. However, I personally expect not to use FSD enough to justify the price. Having the option to be able to use it ad-hoc (e.g. vacation/road trip) could be interesting for me. Of course that can also be a pay-per-use charge without a standard subscription fee.