Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you opt out of m3 for FSD minivan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just read this article and thought about the implication if waymo comes out with their Chrysler minivan that's fully autonomous for about $300/month + $2.2/gallon of fuel used, I will seriously consider cancelling m3 reservation. Keep in mind that waymo is staying fsd will be reliable, safe. For anything that's not covered by Geo fence, I'd use my other family car.

What are your thoughts?

So I just read this article and thought about the implication if waymo comes out with their Chrysler minivan that's fully autonomous for about $300/month + $2.2/gallon of fuel used, I will seriously consider cancelling m3 reservation. Keep in mind that waymo is staying fsd will be reliable, safe. For anything that's not covered by Geo fence, I'd use my other family car.

What are your thoughts?
I don't think many Model 3 buyers are also cross shopping a minivan (I certainly am not).

Also I highly doubt if Waymo were to offer such a car that it'll only cost $300/month.

What are your thoughts?

How's the saying go?

"Not just no but..."

Tsk tsk, read the question
Did the article state anywhere it would be only $300 a month? $300 a month for a minivan with 15k miles a year is pretty cheap, even without FSD.

Just to clarify my thinking. Info with money is all my guessing and not in article. All article says is that it will be a taxi / shared services.

I'm just thinking that's the price that will get me to think about switching. $300/month + gas money is because I would not pay more than that to share a car with any anyone. At the same time, it would be like isp service, multiple people will oversubscribe and ratio will be many families to one vehicle. This won't matter because there are many vehicles and expecting to have multiple available at any time (although what happens during rush hour comes to mind).

What are your thoughts?
if you need the kind of space that a mini van offers, then that would be the right car for you. if you can live with the much smaller cabin of a M3 then I would stick with the MS.
that said, I don't think the chrysler is capable right now of being fully autonomous.