TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Would you pay for a black car with "flecks"

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Tamar, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Tamar

Tamar Member

I am traveling, so stopped in the Chicago Oak Brook location this evening. I cannot see any difference between the 2 available blacks. Is anyone going to spring for the obsidian? If so, what is the difference you see?

FWIW, I am hoping that soon Tesla has more than 1 "no charge" color. It seems like they should/could just slightly raise the base price and offer a range of options. If I owned a car company, that's what I'd do! :rolleyes:

2. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

I did with my BMW... the flat black is harder to keep clean and shows swirl marks more than the metallic blacks. I think they will sell over 50% obsidian in year 1 and eventually closer to 75% obsidian. If I owned a car company... I would have a coupe. :)

3. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

If I owned a car company I'd offer his and hers packages.

4. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

if it is metallic black looking with white flecks I would definitely order it instead of solid black. the reason why: it'll hide getting sandblasted like mine looks now:

IMG_3141.JPG IMG_3126.JPG IMG_3137.JPG

Attached Files:

5. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Local Vendor - SoCal

Metallic will be easier to keep up. Not a whole lot, but easier. And it's a little more fun than solid black. More on resale value too. But, solid Black is always a very luxurious choice and if well cared for, looks amazing and timeless.