Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you pay for a black car with "flecks"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am traveling, so stopped in the Chicago Oak Brook location this evening. I cannot see any difference between the 2 available blacks. Is anyone going to spring for the obsidian? If so, what is the difference you see?

FWIW, I am hoping that soon Tesla has more than 1 "no charge" color. It seems like they should/could just slightly raise the base price and offer a range of options. If I owned a car company, that's what I'd do! :rolleyes:

I am traveling, so stopped in the Chicago Oak Brook location this evening. I cannot see any difference between the 2 available blacks. Is anyone going to spring for the obsidian? If so, what is the difference you see?

FWIW, I am hoping that soon Tesla has more than 1 "no charge" color. It seems like they should/could just slightly raise the base price and offer a range of options. If I owned a car company, that's what I'd do! :rolleyes:

I did with my BMW... the flat black is harder to keep clean and shows swirl marks more than the metallic blacks. I think they will sell over 50% obsidian in year 1 and eventually closer to 75% obsidian. If I owned a car company... I would have a coupe. :)

if it is metallic black looking with white flecks I would definitely order it instead of solid black. the reason why: it'll hide getting sandblasted like mine looks now:

IMG_3141.JPG
IMG_3126.JPG
IMG_3137.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3143.JPG
    IMG_3143.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 440