Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

would you pay if Tesla offer "stability assist" control upgrade to all model 3 models?

would you pay if Tesla offer "stability assist" control upgrade to all model 3 models?

• yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • no

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not into auto crossing but was just watching youtube video about Track V2 software update for all model 3 performance model.

I own a standard range rwd model where I get heavy snowy sometimes during winter. I find the stability assist is too sensitive when driving on heavy snowy and actually slow down my car.

I just wish all model 3 models esp. rwd model has the option to adjust and control stability assist from -10 to +10 depending on the snow condition on the road.

stability control is not going to slow you down in the snow unless you think you’re Colin McRae.

I am not sure it is necessarily about setting some record time. Many folks just don't like the car interfering and cutting power, etc. just because of a little wheel spin and slip angle. It feels artificial and ruins the driving experience for folks that learned how to drive way before nannies appeared on vehicles.

I am not sure it is necessarily about setting some record time. Many folks just don't like the car interfering and cutting power, etc. just because of a little wheel spin and slip angle. It feels artificial and ruins the driving experience for folks that learned how to drive way before nannies appeared on vehicles.

Yes perhaps for those experienced in controlling vehicles at significant slip angles. For the inexperienced however that little bit of slip angle can be a slippery pathway into a whole lot of slip angle, a whole lot of oversteer and then from there a whole lot of trouble. But I agree there should be a progressive way to dial out the nannies. Other than track mode version 2 that is. Or perhaps if they were more generous they would just make track mode version 2 available for everybody.

Haven't drive my 3 in the snow yet - how bad is the stability control intervention? I know with Subarus, it lets you kick the rear end out a bit before intervening but, let's be honest, that isn't a faster way to get around in the snow - just more fun. Certainly don't do that on my normal commute, but it is fun to play where there's no traffic or parked cars around.

I have the LR RWD and not only would I pay, I already have! Not to Tesla, but Mountain Pass Performance, who are actually listening to the market and offering a TC/VSC defeat option- the PartyBox. I was able to get in early as a beta tester for the PartyBox and it makes all the difference. To date, my best lap time at Buttonwillow with the stock Traction Control is 2:11.4, whereas my PB of 2:06.5 was set using the PartyBox with no other changes to the car. While the PartyBox has not gone to full production yet, it is getting close, and sounds like it will be available for both RWD and AWD variants.

So, options at this point for those who don't have access to Track Mode are:
1) Disconnect wheel speed sensor (results are similar to Dyno Mode, but cuts all regen, ABS and decreases power steering)
2) Engage Dyno Mode
3) Purchase MPP PartyBox

Video on the differences between Dyno Mode and Partybox:

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
I have the LR RWD and not only would I pay, I already have! Not to Tesla, but Mountain Pass Performance, who are actually listening to the market and offering a TC/VSC defeat option- the PartyBox. I was able to get in early as a beta tester for the PartyBox and it makes all the difference. To date, my best lap time at Buttonwillow with the stock Traction Control is 2:11.4, whereas my PB of 2:06.5 was set using the PartyBox with no other changes to the car. While the PartyBox has not gone to full production yet, it is getting close, and sounds like it will be available for both RWD and AWD variants.

So, options at this point for those who don't have access to Track Mode are:
1) Disconnect wheel speed sensor (results are similar to Dyno Mode, but cuts all regen, ABS and decreases power steering)
2) Engage Dyno Mode
3) Purchase MPP PartyBox

Video on the differences between Dyno Mode and Partybox:

Sadly #3 does not appear to be an option right now. As you yourself said it has not gone to full production yet. I found PartyBox Activation | Mountain Pass Performance but that's the closest thing I can find to any official details about a production-like version on the MPP site. I'd love to know what "getting close" really means and get an idea for what it may end up costing.

As others have said many times in many different forum posts, it's quite unfortunate Tesla doesn't provide a way to scale back traction/stability control other than turning off slip start. I love my SR+ but I'm jealous of pretty much every ICE RWD car when it's wet or snowy out. Even my mom's early 80s VW Vanagon is more fun to get slipping around on purpose when grip is low!