Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you pay just to get automatic lane changing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The blinker does NOT disable lane keeping. It drastically lowers the resistance of the wheel and keeps TACC enabled.
Not true in my Model 3.

I have FSD now, pretty much because of how annoying Autopilot was, for this exact reason.
Indicating immediately turns off auto steer without FSD. If you *have* FSD, you don't have to be using NoA, just having it changes the behavior of standard Autopilot, and enables lane changing.

Mine is 2.5 with just AP.
If I hit the directional and take my hands off (or not) the wheel it will handle a corner by its self or of course just follow the lane.
If I turn the wheel even slightly it will break lane keeping but TACC will remain enabled.

Reactions: Big Earl
Mine is 2.5 with just AP.
If I hit the directional and take my hands off (or not) the wheel it will handle a corner by its self or of course just follow the lane.
If I turn the wheel even slightly it will break lane keeping but TACC will remain enabled.
Yeah, OK, that's accurate for me too, unless if I press and HOLD the indicator it does actually disable for me. The key thing of course being that you can't actually change lane :)

Right once broken AP is disengaged and I’ve manually moved to the lane I must double pump the stalk to reenabled. With out the new Joe mode the audible dings and songs were very annoying, it’s much less annoying for me now.