Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you pay just to get automatic lane changing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure of your definition of "earlier cars", or which version Model 3 we are discussing.

We purchased our Model 3 Dual Motor with included Enhanced Auto Pilot on June 30, 2019. If AP is engaged, the car will change lanes with a driver-initiated manual lane change of the turn indicator.
Enhanced auto pilot wasn't a thing in June of 2019. Was your car an earlier build or showroom car?

I couldn't justify dropping 6K for the FSD package, but I would love to pay, say $1,000 just for the lane switching option.

I love using AP on my 50 mile oneway commute, but hate how i have to turn AP off everytime i need to switch lanes because of slower car in front or switching freeways.

If they added that feature, AP as it is, would be perfect. Don't need the rest of the gimmicky FSD features.
This is a fun game.. i'd pay $500 for lane change, $1000 for smart summon.

Reactions: dvaz
I couldn't justify dropping 6K for the FSD package, but I would love to pay, say $1,000 just for the lane switching option.

I love using AP on my 50 mile oneway commute, but hate how i have to turn AP off everytime i need to switch lanes because of slower car in front or switching freeways.

If they added that feature, AP as it is, would be perfect. Don't need the rest of the gimmicky FSD features.
and by the way, you dont have to turn off AP, you can either just break out of the lane by turning the wheel or when you put blinker on it removes the lane assist, the speed control stays active and all you need to do is double tap AP once in the lane again to reactivate the lane the autopilot again

and by the way, you dont have to turn off AP, you can either just break out of the lane by turning the wheel or when you put blinker on it removes the lane assist, the speed control stays active and all you need to do is double tap AP once in the lane again to reactivate the lane the autopilot again

Cool, i didnt know that! Turning on the blinkers does make it super easy to turn to wheel manually (instead of wresting it away from AP) and turns off AP.

I was hitting up everytime on the right stalk to turn it off everytime.

Reactions: BZM3
OP - Totally agree.

I have one (M3) with enhanced autopilot and my wife has a newer one with “regular” autopilot. It’s the one feature I miss and curse routinely when driving her car.

I never miss summon, or even NOA in her car. But the auto lane change is crucial.

The blinker does NOT disable lane keeping. It drastically lowers the resistance of the wheel and keeps TACC enabled.

Reactions: dvaz
I've been saying this for months and everyone just tells me to pay for FSD if I really want it. I still say manual auto lane change (using blinker) should be apart of AP. Not using the blinker, where the car changes Lanes automatically, should be apart of FSD. I would pay $500-1000 for auto lane change or even maybe summon.... But I guess Tesla doesn't want our money

I rented a Model X that had it and I actually didn't like it. I found the car wanted to switch lanes all the time, when I was mostly happy staying in the lane that I was in. Perhaps I'm just used to my car, but I wouldn't pay for it. I would get some value out of NoAP generally, but not enough to buy the FSD package.