Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you pay more for a used radar M3 versus new vision one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my 2020 M3LR with radar and replaced it with a brand new 2022 M3LR. The lack of radar is irritating, especially at night when the vision system likes to use high beams, but the better soundproofing from double pane windows and other improvements matter more to me.

Would anyone pay more for an older Tesla than a newer one if the older one had radar and stopped updating?
Vision only AP and FSD improve over time, obviously, and you can't hold off on updating the software forever. If you ever have the car in service, they will update it to the latest for you. There's really not a lot of value in the radar beyond the near term, and you'd be missing out on all the improvements in the newer cars.

Well, there is currently.

Radar cars can do 90 on AP, and follow distance can be set to 1.

Vision only cars (or radar cars that are no longer using radar, which is all those on FSDBeta) are limited to 80 mph max on AP, and follow distance of 2 minimum.
I don’t see this as a functional difference. Both scenarios are grossly unsafe
I'm going to guess that he's referring to driving 85mph on autopilot, following the car in front of you at a distance of "2".
correct! Although I’ve never seen an 80 mph zone in my region so it would be illegal here. I would not go 80 anyway. I suspect I am becoming an old fart. You kids! Get off my lawn!