Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you pick free lifetime supercharging or AP2/3?

Free supercharging or AP2?

• Free supercharging and AP1

• Pay for supercharging and AP2

• Keep looking for that unicorn

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love how people make a big deal about saving $100 in charging when they are buying a car for 70k. Priorities...

No, I bought it because it was suppose to drive itself, based on a video in oct and again in November. Turns out, that was a lie, but a consolation prize was a unicorn. I can’t fix the FSD debacle, but I can enjoy my car and it’s benefits, regardless of the lies that made me purchase it, since it’s nothing I can control.

I love how people make a big deal about saving $100 in charging when they are buying a car for 70k. Priorities...

Your honestly correct, the free supercharging doesn't provide any real savings besides it is more convenience to charge overnight at home.

Most of the unlimited transferable to next owner charging are AP1. It just makes my car more special to me as it rare to have a "FSD Tesla with Unlimited Supercharging".

Same time too, there many sides to a story, all the free supercharging are limited to 150 kw max, only the pay per use will get to use V3 (other than some early Performance M3 owners)

I would take faster paid supercharging over slower free supercharging.

Unless I was unemployed and living out of my X.

Of course a Nov 2016 Model X is better than a Jan 2017 Model X.

Not better than a April 2019 X ready to roll with HW3 and faster supercharging.

To me the question is simply a matter of what's more important to you. Do you want to save money with free Supercharging, or do you want the latest technology? For me it's a new brainer. I'm a technology geek and always strive for the latest and greatest that I can afford. Even though I never imagined owning a $100k car, I never factored in the cost of charging to the purchasing decision. If you're more budget conscious or don't care as much about the latest technology, the free charging may be right for you.

I ended up adding a unicorn X along with my 3 and love it. Especially after the latest software update. It made the MCU much better or at least closer to the 3. I would have gone with AP 2.0 vs the SC but managed to get both with a December 2016 build. With the weight of an X and only a 75 battery, I’m really glad it came with free supercharging. With only 150 usable miles before I get range anxiety, I’m glad I can stop and charge when needed. I fully admit that it’s mostly physiological since supercharging is actually quite inexpensive. In my model 3 without free supercharging, I find myself pushing to get home at times (I’m very conservative and hate being below 20%) vs the X just stopping and charging.