Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you rather....

Would you rather.....

• Buy a new M3 SR+ with FSD for $44,990?

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Buy a new M3 LR AWD without FSD for $47,990?

Votes: 26 96.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buy a new M3 SR+ with FSD for $44,990?

or...

Buy a new M3 LR AWD without FSD for $47,990?

The latest price drop make the decision more difficult.

I live in Los Angeles, don't have home charging available yet ( I live in a condo with dedicated outdoor parking spot, no outlets, I'd have to pay to install them). But I do have free charging at work.

The SR+ with FSD was really pushing my max limit of my budget, but having more range, better performance, and better audio system really tempts me.
But not having to touch the steering wheel from entrance to exit on LA's crazy highways is so tempting.

Decisions....decisions.....

Tough decision to make - however,I would go for the range for only $3K more; particularly since you don't have dedicated charging at home. Although the car will do a lot of the work from freeway entrance to exit; it won't be touchless as you describe. In a future year if you really think FSD worth it you can add it (even if Elon keeps raising the price of this option); but you won't be able to add additional battery capacity at any price other than a new car. You will certainly enjoy either car; so in that respect you can't go wrong.

M3 LR AWD w/o FSD...I do have AP....Yet, I have never said "i want FSD" ...

LR is the way to go. You will want that range at some point, especially in the long-term future when the batteries degrade.

Don't get the short range. You might as well buy a Nissan Leaf.

Don't get the short range. You might as well buy a Nissan Leaf.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-quote-1.jpg

Reactions: Mr X