Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you recommend the Tesla Model Y All-Weather Interior Liners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, they are great and quick to clean, high quality.

They are a more rugged look, but fit our needs of.. young kids are tracking in more dirt, sand, snow mud...

We spend a significant amount of winter around snow, mud .. they will help protect the interior way better than stock mats.

I like these, a lot of people are going with third party mats, a couple searches in the interior / exterior threads will show this as a recent topic and some recommendations of other choices too.

Hello,

Would you recommend Tesla's all weather mats? I'm wondering if there is a need to replace the original, built-in mats with them. Thanks.

Model Y All-Weather Interior Liners
Yes, especially if you live where it snows then the floor liners make a huge difference in catching snow, sand, salt and water from your boots and shoes. The liners can be left in place and used all year long. The liners clean up easily; you can either remove the mat for cleaning or vacuum in place, then wipe clean. There are multiple Tesla mats and liners. The ones shown in the earlier post on this thread are new from Tesla. The floor liners are made by WeatherTech (the Weathertech name is molded into the bottom of the liner.) When installing floor liners you should first remove the factory carpeted floor mats.

You want to avoid water getting trapped between the automotive carpet and the mat or liner as mold will quickly start to grow. A liner with a high lip will keep snow, water from seeping underneath.

There are multiple threads on floor mats and floor liners. Search for WeatherTech, Tesmanian, 3D Maxpider. Also check on Amazon for floor liners for Model Y.

I have installed Tesmanian floor liners and the hatch floor liner in my Model Y.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mr. James
@Trustedpro .... where are you on L.I.? I have the 3D Maxpider mats and they look and clean up great. I've always had WeatherTec... but they look cheap compared to the 3D Maxpider's which are very classy. If you're close to me (Stony Brook) you can swing by and look at mine in person if you'd like.

Of the brands you mentioned, including Tesla's, which one seems to be the most preferred by the consensus? I would like something practical that is comfortable to rest your feet on and looks decent.
You will have to decide what matters most including brand / brand loyalty, appearance, function, fit and finish, quality and of course price. Each brand has their loyal customers. Consider that you may want a set of liners that includes more than just the front row and second row floor liners. The rear hatch/trunk floor liner can be very useful when carrying garden supplies, gear, food items that might spill. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the floor liners that are represented in the forum postings.

I went with the Tesmanian. They had great reviews from everyone that had them.

Same here; Tasmanian. I bought these back in September and would buy again as I've been very happy with them.

Note: I have read ppl posting that the latest 2021 MYs have a slight change in the front seat risers so the front mats have a gap between the seat riser and the mat itself.

@Trustedpro .... where are you on L.I.? I have the 3D Maxpider mats and they look and clean up great. I've always had WeatherTec... but they look cheap compared to the 3D Maxpider's which are very classy. If you're close to me (Stony Brook) you can swing by and look at mine in person if you'd like.

Thank you for the offer. That's very nice of you. I'm in Plainview, about 40 minutes away. I was actually leaning towards the 3D Maxpider and may order them soon.

Update: I got my Tasmanian mats put them down. They're very stiff so I think they're plastic and not rubber but they look just like the Tesla mats and I was able to get the front, back, frunk, trunk and under the trunk for a very reasonable price(I think around $260) compared to the Tesla which you have to buy separately and would cost upwards of $300 for everything. The driver side doesn't perfectly match up with the dead pedal, but it is close enough. I would absolutely recommend these to anyone who is looking for mats for their car. They have a sale right now:

2020-2021 Tesla Model Y Floor Mats Full Set Special , Save 19%