Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you return this 2020 3 Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was your indication of the repaint that the fleck existed because if so I'd like to introduce you to Tesla paintwork. Flecks are all over the place straight from the factory.

If I were you I would probably keep the car pending theres no weird paint mismatch. The taillight is an easy swap and they seem to have figured out the radio.

No car comes with perfect paint, but most people to look that closely or care. If you are going to ceramic coat the car you should make the paint perfect first, because it is too late once you coat it, same with PPF. But PPF is much more expensive.

I’ve never had, or known anyone else to accept, some of the issues I’ve seen - bald spots, huge scratches, etc...on any new car. I don’t buy expensive cars either. My highest priced new car to date was $25k. And yes I can afford a heck of a lot more, I have just chosen not to spend my money on more expensive cars to date.

So I do believe those issues are unacceptable and I should not have to pay more to get Corolla-quality paint.

Hi Art! Now you have me worried. I recently leased a red standard range from the Montgomery area with 1200 miles on it. I pick it up on Friday. Will report if I find similar issues!
Update: picked up my demo model 3 standard range+ over the weekend. It had a paper floor mat from a paint shop and I think the rear bumper was repainted, but it was done very well as I could barely tell. One of the rim covers was a little scratched but they swapped it out. Overall it was in excellent shape for having 1000 miles.

Reactions: valaeyron
In no way was the OP whining. If that's what you got out of it, you may want to read it again. He merely stated his situation and asked for others opinions on it. It's possible to give your opinion on it without being snarky. Give it a shot sometime. ;)
Sorry about the tone! I didn't mean to be snarky, I thought it was a good deal, and a good story.

Reactions: Phlier