Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you return this 2020 3 Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about Whine little more to your friends... get the very minor issues fixed with your USED CAR, and enjoy it silently Its a car jeeeze peeezy.
In no way was the OP whining. If that's what you got out of it, you may want to read it again. He merely stated his situation and asked for others opinions on it. It's possible to give your opinion on it without being snarky. Give it a shot sometime. ;)

I agree with the general theme here. $2,800 isn't enough of a discount and those issues are just the beginning. What else are you going to find after a week. Take it back and don't take any further discounts. You will be happy with a M3P, so stick with it!

Hi Art! Now you have me worried. I recently leased a red standard range from the Montgomery area with 1200 miles on it. I pick it up on Friday. Will report if I find similar issues!

key word for you here is "leased". Since you dont own a leased vehicle, you are out nothing but your time if it has issues. If this was a leased car, I would tell the OP to let tesla try to fix it, or not, and simply give it back at the end (no choice on that right now anyway).

If your car is a lease, the only thing you really need to do is take a good look at it and make sure any issues are documented, so you are not dinged for them on lease return.

Reactions: Phlier and Watts_Up
key word for you here is "leased". Since you dont own a leased vehicle, you are out nothing but your time if it has issues. If this was a leased car, I would tell the OP to let tesla try to fix it, or not, and simply give it back at the end (no choice on that right now anyway).

If your car is a lease, the only thing you really need to do is take a good look at it and make sure any issues are documented, so you are not dinged for them on lease return.
All very true! At the same time I don’t want to spend more time at a SC than I need to. Even though it’s only a few miles from my house, my time is valuable.

All very true! At the same time I don’t want to spend more time at a SC than I need to. Even though it’s only a few miles from my house, my time is valuable.

Well, I can only speak for my own circumstances. While I previously stated $2800 was not enough discount for me to consider purchasing a demo model 3, it absolutely would be enough of a discount for me to consider leasing one. I have leased many demo BMWs over the years, they used to make VERY attractive lease targets if you knew how to pick them.

In any case, in your case, I wouldnt worry about it much. Most issues with teslas (most, but not all) are cosmetic in nature. Some are just the normal "mechanical item" manufacturing issues (things like cameras etc). The service centers are pretty good, and mechanical issues will get sorted out without too much hassle. Cosmetic ones, however, can be hit or miss... so just inspect your car, knowing you will be giving it back to tesla after your lease term, and enjoy the ride.

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
I suggest returning. Rumors are saying that Tesla will announce significant cost saving with battery manufacturing on battery day which will in turn greatly reduce the prices of all Tesla vehicles. Chances are you will save more than $2,800 a year from now on a completely brand new P3D

If this thread had a poll, I’d vote Yes return it. $2800 is not enough for me to have peace of mind. Not that a new Tesla doesn’t already have its share of problems, but 2200 miles on a demo car? Nah. You might as well wait till Battery Day and get that sweet sweet rumored power trunk.

As I recall, one can buy a powered strut that replaces one of the struts of the frunk or trunk, and have a power trunk or frunk.

I’ve never had to spend $2800 correcting anything on a brand new car. Issues, Issues, maybe a slight rattle. But the wife and I have had 5 new cars together and no issues. Spending more money to fix what I paid for, when it is new, is a foreign concept. Now, we have bought used and in that case, caveat emptor...

No car comes with perfect paint, but most people to look that closely or care. If you are going to ceramic coat the car you should make the paint perfect first, because it is too late once you coat it, same with PPF. But PPF is much more expensive.