Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you Robotaxi your car?

Would you Robotaxi your car?

• Yes

Votes: 51 35.9%
  • No

Votes: 91 64.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At full charge my car will go 200 miles with 40 miles as reserve. Assuming 50% occupancy rate. 100 miles of money making.
If 5 mile ride costs $5, $100 will be made per full charge. $5 for electricity. Tesla takes 30%.
Therefore, I make $65 per full charge.
At places like NYC or LV, that would be possible.
$65x365 days/yr = $23,725/yr.

Car will accrue 73K miles a year.

Last edited:
At full charge my car will go 200 miles with 40 miles as reserve. Assuming 50% occupancy rate. 100 miles of money making.
If 5 mile ride costs $5, $100 will be made per full charge. $5 for electricity. Tesla takes 30%.
Therefore, I make $65 per full charge.
At places like NYC or LV, that would be possible.
$65x365 days/yr = $23,725/yr.
Who covers the liability when your car crashes?

Why would you? If you want to do it today, just rent your car out on Turo or other outfit like that. What's the difference whether you rent a car to a live driver or to Tesla auto-pilot driver?
Little different circumstances there; Turo is having someone else driving it & your car insurance is quite expensive when you rent your car out.

With Robotaxi, your car is driving itself (much safer) and Tesla is liable for any issues.

Reactions: Misterbee
I will not be doing this. The thought of having people I don't know inside my car doesn't thrill me and I cannot imagine a circumstance where I'd do this. Maybe if I purchased a low-end Model 3 and considered it just basic transportation only, but not my Performance model. Just not something I'd go for.

With Robotaxi, your car is driving itself (much safer) and Tesla is liable for any issues.

The only issue with this is that we know how fast Tesla is at paying....that insurance claim could take 3+ months to fund.

I am still holding my breath waiting on my 2 power walls and invite to the Early Access Program promised to prior FSD owners.

Tesla needs to make a very stripped-down Model 3 "taxi edition" car for this purpose. One with a very basic interior, hard plastic upholstery on the doors, cloth seats, rubber floor mats, no fancy radio, etc. To paraphrase The Blues Brothers -- "Taxi interior, taxi wheels, taxi stereo, taxi everything". And only then, maybe it'd be worth the trouble.

In my early production LR RWD 3, no way in hell.

I think Elon made a mistake at the Autonomy reveal when he said there'd be a million robotaxis in a year. He should have said that there would be a million Teslas CAPABLE of doing robotaxi work. A notably different thing.