Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you sacrifice EAP to get AWD-P?

Would you sacrifice EAP for performance?

• Yes, I'd rather have performance than EAP

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Yes, I'd get the P model now and buy EAP later

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • No, I'd rather have EAP than Performance

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • this is too hard of a choice for a mortal to make

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently sitting on a fully loaded EAP + FSD, white interior, MSM AWD configuration at around 65000. For only 2k more I could get the performance model with white interior, AWD, no performance upgrade package, and no EAP/FSD. Would you sacrifice EAP to get the performance model? Those of you who have gotten your cars already, do you have any regrets?

FWIW, I drive a 35 mile commute each week, and would probably get more use from EAP. I'm just wondering what you guys would do personally.

I have similar config but decided it was not worth it to sacrifice the sport wheels, EAP and FSD.
EAP and FSD will help the car keep it's value (depreciation) since they are more expensive to add later.

I feel much better wasting 8k on EAP+FSD software than I do on an unlock to make the car go 1 second faster to 60.

I test drive a 75D, and I think the 3D will be similar in acceleration.

Going LR killed the option of EAP for me, at least up front, and I’m fine with that. However, if I went P it would be hard to not get $5k upgrade package or basically spend a similar amount after delivery on suspension, wheels, tires, and brakes.

It's a question of personal priorities, but honestly I'd be surprised if they didn't make EAP more accessible once they are done "milking" the early adopters. A driver assistance package for $5k on a $35k car doesn't seem appropriate. Perhaps they'll unbundle individual features, offer subscriptions, or just lower the price outright at some point. On the other hand, I could imagine that FSD may become much more expensive when it's fully functional (assuming it gets to this point while people still have the cars that they are buying today).

Get the test drive... you won't even question getting the P... lol I drove the RWD, then the P model and I was literally like... "Ok how do I make this work"... I had to have it. I read they're offering trails of the EAP, so even if you don't purchase it now you can add it in later.

Assuming choices were binary - can’t have both:

If I could have a second faster on my X or EAP - I’ll tske EAP.

If I could keep performance or EAP on my 3 - I’ll take performance.

3 is meant for driving, not cruising.

Reactions: outie