Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you sacrifice EAP to get AWD-P?

Would you sacrifice EAP for performance?

• Yes, I'd rather have performance than EAP

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Yes, I'd get the P model now and buy EAP later

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • No, I'd rather have EAP than Performance

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • this is too hard of a choice for a mortal to make

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my S, I use EAP whenever I can. TACC in any sort of traffic takes away 99% of the anxiety. So EAP >> P for me.
I can't imagine not having TACC at this point. I don't use AP or summon/park. Yet. But I use the hell out of TACC.
It's also a lot safer than I am. I set it to 7 car lengths and it has save my ass when there's been a crunch up up front.

Also, I really don't like the PUP. Don't like 20" track wheels and decorations for $5000.
But with the free SC offer, I'm getting a Performance/EAP/Aeros and I'll swap aftermarket 18" turbines on.

I was in the same boat as you but decided to change my order to AWD with EAP instead of AWD-P without EAP. I took a test drive a couple of days ago in an AWD-P and didn't even floor it once. It's kind of stupid to pay for that much power and never use it. Bump to bump traffic everyday and night in Hollywood. I use EAP on my Model 3 RWD 98% of the time.

Reactions: Dr. J
I'm calling today to see if I can switch from 3D (red w/white interior &19's) to P3D and still retain the my earlier red color pricing. My edit button is still present. I plan on dropping EAP and automatically drop the 19's, so the two configs are pretty close in price.

Why spend $70k+ on a performance car just to have a computer drive it for you? Huge waste. Although admittedly I'm more of a car enthusiast than a tech geek.

I might add EAP to my P3D in the future, but it needs some significant updates before I do that. Right now it's very overpriced for what you get in my opinion, so I'll likely be holding off for a long time.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and SD_Engnr
Look at it this way... pay for the P version and you get a faster car with additional upgraded hardware/motors.... EAP hardware is already there and can be activated via software on any of the models (rwd, awd, p)... if you wanted a P model you'd have to buy an entirely different car to get it... it's a no brainer if you ask me ;-)

Reactions: P85_DA
Just made this change via phone call to Tesla. I moved from 3D to P3D and dropped EAP. I was told the website does have a glitch where it shows updated pricing on the order if I edit myself, but those would be corrected to the lower paint pricing, etc. I had on my original order. Rather than do it myself from the site, they put the change order in for me.

Since the 19's that were on the first order are not avail on the base P3D and I dropped EAP, my new total is just $3500 more. Considering I would have rarely been able to use EAP where I drive the most, but I will love the extra smiles of the P's quickness, a good deal for me.

Just made this change via phone call to Tesla. I moved from 3D to P3D and dropped EAP. I was told the website does have a glitch where it shows updated pricing on the order if I edit myself, but those would be corrected to the lower paint pricing, etc. I had on my original order. Rather than do it myself from the site, they put the change order in for me.

Since the 19's that were on the first order are not avail on the base P3D and I dropped EAP, my new total is just $3500 more. Considering I would have rarely been able to use EAP where I drive the most, but I will love the extra smiles of the P's quickness, a good deal for me.
So you paid $1500 on your paint instead of $2000? I did my change with the edit button and it's 2k...I should call them if I can get it for $1500..

So you paid $1500 on your paint instead of $2000? I did my change with the edit button and it's 2k...I should call them if I can get it for $1500..
I called them last Friday and it still isn't showing on the site.... it's getting really frustrating waiting for them to update the change. If I do it manually I don't want to get stuck paying all the inflated prices either.

Yes, I was told the $1500 paint cost would be honored even after the order change they submitted for me. They also said if I did the change myself from the website, the displayed price would be $2000 for the paint, but as long as the original order date was in the timeframe when the price was $1500, that would .be honored.