Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you still buy a Model S if it doesn't get a 5 Star Rating? (Poll)

Will you still buy a Model S if it doesn't get a 5 Star rating?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think of the mob as the ultimate free market unfettered by regulations -- they're just making money as best they can.

Link to EPA budget
EPA's Budget Execution and Resource Use | Planning, Budget, and Results | US EPA

I can tell you stories about the NJ EPA you would not believe- kind of a WTF moment. When I was replacing my dock, they charged me a few grand to put new grass in that was destroyed during construction and buy it from a certain company, later found out that a state senator owned the company and was "harvesting" the same grass from a NY bay. So it's OK for someone connected to go to another state, destroy a habitat, burn gas driving it 200 miles to replace a few square feet of area that would have grown back eventually.

Yes, I hate that kind of stuff too. But we're quite off topic at this point so we should create another topic.

On topic -- looks like we won't find out the number of stars it'll get until the board gets done with the tests, maybe not for another year.

Please answer Yes or No. If Yes, please explain why. If No, please explain why.

I voted yes because I think that an EV is by definition safer since it has no ICE. This means more length of the car which can be used to absorb any violent crashes and less risk for people inside the cabin. In particular in the case of Model S the length of the car which can be used to absorb crashes is really big!