Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you still buy a Model Y now if you could do it again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any superchargers actually have any restroom facilities in very close proximity usually? The ones closest to me don't and with our kid, that is essential when we make a stop if on a trip. I realize Elon isn't building toilets as well as superchargers but it is crucial for us when traveling to make it as much a one-stop shop when filling up.

Do any superchargers actually have any restroom facilities in very close proximity usually? The ones closest to me don't and with our kid, that is essential when we make a stop if on a trip. I realize Elon isn't building toilets as well as superchargers but it is crucial for us when traveling to make it as much a one-stop shop when filling up.
almost every supercharger I've used between NC and Maryland, was either at a Wawa or at a shopping center with multiple restaurants or coffee places there. HAvent visited any others

Almost all do. I think you can get information about nearby amenities from the marker on the car's navigation screen. I say "I think" because I've never checked because it's usually obvious; the SC is at a mall or a rest stop or a Wawa or Sheetz or whatever similar chain is in your area. Sometimes the restrooms are at the other end of the mall, but there are almost always some not too far. Granted, I've only been to a dozen or so personally, but 100% of those ones do.

Reactions: Gadget63
I am on the fence between the two. I am looking at the performance version of both. What do you really like about the MY? Why don't you rate the M3 as high?

So why did you trade for the MY? Was it for more room?
The utility of the crossover is just a lot better and the car is much better for the money, IMHO. The 3 is great, but there are SO many competitive models in the executive sedan segment.

Well that would be dumb. I have the X. I don't want the Y - current size or larger. My son has the Y and he loves it - P model. I also don't want a smaller X. Some people also don't like the FWD's of the X - leave those alone as well. The only thing I would change about the X is nicer interior and more range.
Thanks for your feedback. Based on your family's personal experience, I have changed my mind and no longer hypothetically want a hypothetical Tesla vehicle that is nicer than the Y and smaller than the X. I thought about not responding, but I wanted you to know that the time you took to crap on my offhand message board musing was well spent. You're making a difference!

my wife has a white y with white interior. and the black 20" induction wheels. And the red calipers I painted for her. She gets FAR more attention and stares and compliments in the Y than my Blue and black(interior) S.

I currently have a Model Y and love it but wondered if an opportunity rose in the next year or two, would you still bought the Y?

Me, I think I would have saved a little more and waited for the Rivian R1S or a Toyota SUV as I need a little more space.
Coming from someone who was obsessed with buying a Model S I am glad we bought the Model Y. I think it drives more “modern” than the Model S and I would buy one again. Rivian will have a lot of kinks to work out not to mention charging will be more of an issue.

Knowing what I know now, I would have to say no. For the cost of the car and the the advertised best in tech, i assumed the following
Blind side monitoring
Apple and android play
Better cruise control (AP is just another version of advance CC with a few more bells and whistle).
Better fit and finish

I would hold Tesla to the same standards that I have held for my previous MB,BMW and Audi. As a matter of fact my wife wants a EV and is leaning towards the ID4. She will not entertain a Tesla after watching what I went thru with flaws, taking it back for repairs and so on.

Reactions: aspushkin
You don’t think it’ll come with increased range? Hoping that when this happens, we’ll see 400+ mile range in a Y.
In a model y, I would expect them to put less battery to begin with. Keep the spec similar and run both at the same time so they don’t obsolete the existing production line immediately.
Just my guess. It’s what I would do, to maximize potential output in a battery constrained scenario

In a model y, I would expect them to put less battery to begin with. Keep the spec similar and run both at the same time so they don’t obsolete the existing production line immediately.
Just my guess. It’s what I would do, to maximize potential output in a battery constrained scenario

Yeah, that's what I'm suspecting as well.

They will likely increase the range marginally but will put less battery. BUT: less battery = less weight which means better performance and range (theoretically).

It'd be interesting to see regardless.