Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you still have bought your model 3 if it never had autopilot?

Would you still have bought your model 3 if it never had autopilot?

• Yes

Votes: 167 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 18 7.4%

• Total voters

Mr. Burrito

Oct 19, 2019
America!
Assuming Tesla's autopilot never existed and Tesla only had the typical auto emergency braking, lane keep assist, etc. that other manufacturers have (and no promise for a future system), would you have still have bought your model 3?

• Funny
Reactions: Ptheven

jdcollins5

Aug 14, 2018
Wilmington, NC
After the test drive, Yes. The autopilot was a big plus and a fun part of the test drive. Everything else about the car was so solid and really sold the car to me. The best driving car I have ever driven.

Reactions: JBT66

Uncle Don

May 21, 2019
California
I bought my car without AP a year ago (EAP at that time) and I have never added it. I am very happy with my. Are without Autopilot. I may buy it someday if it goes on sale.

Reactions: Misternt

JBT66

Oct 26, 2018
Florida
Initially it was one of the primary attractors. However I had a budget for this purchase of the car and when push came to shove I opted for the hardware of AWD over the EAP package that was available at the time. I did pick up AP when it was on sale for 2K (love TACC for morning traffic commute) and wish I picked up FSD but wasn’t willing to do that at the time.
If they do ever offer a software unlock for AWD to P- I’d chose that over FSD too.

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
I bought a SR and still waiting for a Q4/Q1 special for a better price like the $2k mentioned earlier.

Meanwhile, they keep improving it. Also will use a credit card promo to soften the blow

Last edited:
Reactions: SlimJim

run-the-joules

Turgid Member
Aug 13, 2017
SF Bay
probably not. autopilot a true game changer for my driving needs.

Exactly. Without autopilot, it's just a quick car with a mediocre interior and unimpressive seats at a questionable price. With autopilot, I'm willing to give up a lot. I guess for the people who want to save the world the battery car situation is important but I'd have bought the model 3 if it ran on pureed babies and coal. Because autopilot.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC