Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you still have bought your model 3 if it never had autopilot?

Would you still have bought your model 3 if it never had autopilot?

• Yes

Votes: 167 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 18 7.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely. It’s a feature. An extra. Plus if it never existed how would be even be able to make that decision? Bottom line I’m buying the car for a lot more reasons than just a feature that is basically souped up cruise control that I consistently read people bitch and moan about.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
The torque. 1/4 fuel cost. Remote activation of CC. Constantly updated SW. Sexy design. Minimalist interior. No trips to gas station. Etc etc. I don't have autopilot yet.

I could handle having a Tesla without autopilot if the seats were better and if nobody had better autonomy, I guess.

autopilot is why I bought the car, though, and why I put up with not liking the seats, not having carplay, and not really liking Tesla as a company.

Love love love our Tesla. Agreed, The base autopilot is a perk, but not a deal breaker. Driving dynamics, comfy seats, robust steering feel, thick steering wheel, sound system, music and entertainment options, stunning screen, overall simplicity, OTA updates, supercharger network, any many many more items just make it such a great car. Pure joy to drive.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Love love love our Tesla. Agreed, The base autopilot is a perk, but not a deal breaker. Driving dynamics, comfy seats, robust steering feel, thick steering wheel, sound system, music and entertainment options, stunning screen, overall simplicity, OTA updates, supercharger network, any many many more items just make it such a great car. Pure joy to drive.
Couldn't agree more. I like the idea of being able to update my choice but I'm a driver, I enjoy being behind the wheel and in control. I love the feeling of the G's when I floor it and the responsiveness in the steering wheel. Maybe in another 40 years when my age and eyeglass prescription are in the triple digits. :p

Reactions: outdoors
Such sweet bliss that is provided by autopilot. Driving 1200+ miles solo in a 24 hour period is something I have enjoyed so much as strange as that may sound. Driving a normal ICE or a Tesla without AP over the same distances is not comparable. Did it once this summer. Exhausting and scary.

Yet I still would have bought a Tesla without AP. I drive. As in I love to drive long distances to crazy places. I also love to feel the wheel and enjoy the drive of the car. Put a rolling 12 months 90k plus now on two Tesla's. I drove that much pre BEV.

The beauty of an electric drivetrain, with sleek lines seen in both the S & 3 are just classic. Just my thoughts. Great designs with a thoughtful sporty drive in both sedans is just great. AP is just icing on the cake..... Which I could have explained more earlier, but was in the middle of something.

@Darren S ;)

Such sweet bliss that is provided by autopilot. Driving 1200+ miles solo in a 24 hour period is something I have enjoyed so much as strange as that may sound. Driving a normal ICE or a Tesla without AP over the same distances is not comparable. Did it once this summer. Exhausting and scary.

Yet I still would have bought a Tesla without AP. I drive. As in I love to drive long distances to crazy places. I also love to feel the wheel and enjoy the drive of the car. Put a rolling 12 months 90k plus now on two Tesla's. I drove that much pre BEV.

The beauty of an electric drivetrain, with sleek lines seen in both the S & 3 are just classic. Just my thoughts. Great designs with a thoughtful sporty drive in both sedans is just great. AP is just icing on the cake..... Which I could have explained more earlier, but was in the middle of something.

@Darren S ;)

@outdoors, it's always fun to hear road trip stories from others. Those 1,200'ish-mile days are fun to do a time or two just to see if it's still possible but it's equally as fun to drive twisty roads without AP so it's a good vehicle to have that option.