Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you swap seats Gen1 for Gen 2 or Vice Versa?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a rather large guy so wanted to get opinions from others who have sat in both.

I have gen 2 seats and they can be uncomfortable especially when relax and spread my legs apart using autopilot.

I am looking at swapping for someones Gen 1 seats, but am a bit worried about reports that they are too hard.

What do others think, are there any concerns you'd have doing this? I know smaller people report they really like the Gen 2 hugging the hips, but that's where its a bit uncomfortable for me, just where the lap belt attaches to the seat base.

I'd definitely be interested. I find the Gen 2s more comfortable than my Gen 1s. The Gen 1s are a "firmer while still comfortable" feel as compared to the more plush Gen 2s. I know the backseat is a dead-simple swap. I'd figure the fronts are effectively plug-n-play as well but I guess it'd be worth some investigation as a sanity check. Looks like we're generally in the same area, and you haven't tried out Gen 1s we could find some time to take a look.

Thanks much @omar these Gen 1 seats seats are so much better than the Gen 2 seats!! Not to mention covered in Leather by Tsportline!

My butt now feels cushioned instead of that pinpoint of pressure on my left hip area. I would do it again and would recommend to any overweight people who feel the pinch on the outside where the Gen 2 padding is a bit thin, especially on long trips.