Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you trade in Model 3 for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might want to wait for April of 2021 when hardware 4 might come out. From April of 2019: Elon said it is about 2 years away:
Of course with Elon's optimistic estimates, it might be 2022 before it is out.
Or maybe 2023. If I had followed your logic and waited for the Model Y for the liftback/hatchback feature then I would have missed 2 years of driving my Model 3 which I love.
Nope, life is too short.

Thinking about turning in my S for a Y when the lease is up in August. I have an old Tahoe I use to pull my boat. I could get rid of it and just have one car rather than an old ICE vehicle that gets driven once a month. Also the S is MCU1/AP 2.0

Waiting on towing information. Also, I don’t care for the wheel choices on the Y. I’m sure that will change.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Well I am out $100 if cancel....:(

Keeping the 3, reserved AWD Y today.
20200129_221916.jpg

Reactions: gene
I have a 2018 LR AWD Model 3,
1 year old with 42K miles (almost out of warranty). The car has been great for daily 160 mile commute.

Essentially paid $46.5K after incentives back in Dec 2018, and $5K for Autopilot/FSD.

I thought to keep the car until it's dead, but the Model Y is tempting.

Would you trade it in for a Y?
I really need a good excuse to convince the wifey. :confused::)

View attachment 504025
I would willingly lose up to 10% of what I paid for my P3D+ to trade up to a PYD+..
More than that and we will just settle for having just one Model Y (LYD Blue/White on order)

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Might want to wait for April of 2021 when hardware 4 might come out. From April of 2019: Elon said it is about 2 years away:
Of course with Elon's optimistic estimates, it might be 2022 before it is out.

Maybe I’m just an ahole, but I don’t understand how anyone can take Elon at his word with regards to just about everything. His timeframes are wholly unrealistic and he throws around future features, upgrades, capabilities, etc without regard for fact.

Have a 2018 X3 and 2018 Model 3. Which should I trade for the Model Y that I have on order?

2 EVs would be great but makes longer trips a bit more challenging;

Keeping both BMW and MY gives two cars that are essentially serving the same purpose;