Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you use valet overnight charging?

Would you pay for overnight EV charging?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Re-posting in the correct forum)

I have to street park my car. If I need a full charge in the morning, sometimes I drop it at a local L2 charger overnight and walk or bike home and then walk/bike back in the morning.

For the other apartment dwellers / street parkers out there: would you use an EV charging valet service? If so, what would you pay for the convenience? $25 + charging costs? $50?

I read Luxe had a program like this in NYC, but I’m not sure if it’s running. I live in San Francisco.

What's your daily commute?

It's certainly nice to charge at home every night, but do you really need to get a battery fully loaded every morning?

When you drive an ICE car typically you might go to the gas station once a week.

All the Tesla models have a range from about 250 miles to 400 miles which is somehow similar to an ICE car.

So would it be sufficient to get your car fully charged one a week when going to a mall for example?

For the other apartment dwellers / street parkers out there: would you use an EV charging valet service? If so, what would you pay for the convenience? $25 + charging costs? $50?

I'm paying $150 a month plus tax for a garage with a 120v outlet. I'd estimate that it is $30 worth of electricity, so if you charge 5 times a month you are paying about the same.

Its a very large amount of $ if you are expecting to save on the transportation bills, but considered with everything else it actually works just fine. If you get a house with a garage, that is going to cost you more. I wouldn't spend 0 hours of my time charging - I'd move or sell the car (in that order). I'd suggest the same for you.

My recommendation is to find a garage that has an outlet or L2 nearby to your place. It saves so much time and it keeps your car off the street. by your own math if you're spending $50 once a week then that's close to or approaching the cost of a garage. I would not let any "valet" drive my vehicle on public streets. The legal mess if there is an accident on a public street will be maddening. As someone who used to have to park on the street. My first option 2 years ago was charge at free l2 chargers through the course of the day. At the supermarket and movie theater or malls where I would spend long time there. The supercharger network would be my second option for times where I drive further than L2 could replenish.

(Re-posting in the correct forum)

I have to street park my car. If I need a full charge in the morning, sometimes I drop it at a local L2 charger overnight and walk or bike home and then walk/bike back in the morning.

I read Luxe had a program like this in NYC, but I’m not sure if it’s running. I live in San Francisco.

Any chance you can work remotely and acquire a place with a garage and some L2 charging capability?