Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOW, $2,602 lease payment for new P100D!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Less than a year ago, I leased my P90D Model S, pretty much loaded and the best I could get at the time for less than $1,600 a month based on a 12,000 mile per year lease.

Just priced out a new fully loaded P100D and holy crap!!, $2,404 before taxes. Add in L.A. 9.0% sales tax and its up to $2,620.36 per month!!! Far higher than any lease payment for similarly priced cars from any other manufacturer. Even a P90D, no Ludicrous is priced at $1,942 ($2,116.78 after sales tax).

Man, I love Tesla, but that's just stupid money. With the car's price now at $167,000, insurance prices are likely to be astronomical. My insurance company nailed me for going over $100,000 on price, this car is 67% more. Not sure how it will affect insurance rates, but it certainly won't be cheaper, especially for those of us in Los Angeles and other high rate areas.

I priced both cars last month end and the P100D came out the same around $2600 and the P90D I got with 30k off sticker was $1200 for 2 years. No brainer for me. But I'm sure there will be more EOQ fire sales in the future and I'll snag a P100D then.

I had the option of doing the 24 mo lease on my inventory P90DL and 35k off sticker for the Q3 incentives push, it was going to be 763/mo with 8k down which was a stellar deal. I ended up doing the 60mo finance route at 0.49% and 5k down because I tend to average 20-24k miles per year on my cars and the 12k/yr cap would have killed me in the end. I plan on driving it at least until the power train warranty expires in 8 years.

I had the option of doing the 24 mo lease on my inventory P90DL and 35k off sticker for the Q3 incentives push, it was going to be 763/mo with 8k down which was a stellar deal. I ended up doing the 60mo finance route at 0.49% and 5k down because I tend to average 20-24k miles per year on my cars and the 12k/yr cap would have killed me in the end. I plan on driving it at least until the power train warranty expires in 8 years.
You mean 1.49% right? I could not find any bank to lend me $100K for 5 years at anything less than 1.49%. The 1.49% is alliant

Less than a year ago, I leased my P90D Model S, pretty much loaded and the best I could get at the time for less than $1,600 a month based on a 12,000 mile per year lease.

Just priced out a new fully loaded P100D and holy crap!!, $2,404 before taxes. Add in L.A. 9.0% sales tax and its up to $2,620.36 per month!!! Far higher than any lease payment for similarly priced cars from any other manufacturer. Even a P90D, no Ludicrous is priced at $1,942 ($2,116.78 after sales tax).

Man, I love Tesla, but that's just stupid money. With the car's price now at $167,000, insurance prices are likely to be astronomical. My insurance company nailed me for going over $100,000 on price, this car is 67% more. Not sure how it will affect insurance rates, but it certainly won't be cheaper, especially for those of us in Los Angeles and other high rate areas.

Check out Canadian prices if you want to console yourself (or have a good laugh)...

I'll be very curious to see what the price and performance specs of a fully loaded Ludicrous Model 3 is going to look like. It's quite possible that it might be able to have EAP/AP2 + very nice 0-60 times for something in the $60-$70K range.

It's possible that for me, a trade-off like that could put me into a 3 instead of another S.

$2600 per month?

That's about how much I pay for 5 bedrooms 4 bathrooms 1.5 acres and a full basement - not to mention a 20 X 20 Kitchen.

The current Tesla pricing is unfavorable at the top-end. You get far less for your money on the top-end that you do on the base model.

They shave their margins by offering software locked 60's that are truly 75kw packs and in order to make for that they keep pricing the top-end to even higher levels.

wait... your leasing you p90d AND complaining about having an outdated car... jeez.
And your point is? Lease or buy, what's the difference. Payments are higher on a lease than a buy. The only differences are, you are limited on how many miles you can go, but get a guaranteed buyback price effectively, meaning payments after 3 years equal what you owe on it and can walk away. Similar to the actual buyback program they no longer offer.

It is for the very reason that I complained about having an outdated car that I leased instead of purchased. I just didn't expect that it would be outdated in a couple of months. Then was shocked at what it would cost to lease a new one. Clearly US Bank doesn't agree with Tesla's pricing model anymore on the higher end models and are rolling much less into the residual, hence the MUCH higher payments now. Lease deals are still good on 70's and 90d's, but get into the P category and US Banks says, no thanks, we can't justify another $43,000 in price simply so you can accelerate from 0-60 in 2.5 seconds instead of 3.9 seconds. When it was $20,000 to go from a regular D model to a P model, their lease pricing was reasonable.

Based on the poll on another thread, more than half that answered are not happy about their car being outdated so quickly. The other half that answered that they don't mind, are probably those that either don't own one or have had theirs for a long time already. Sorry, if you buy a $100,000+ (or lease it for more per month), I don't care who you are, you're not going to be excited that new features were released a month later that your car doesn't have.

Lots of pissed off existing owners. I'm not really pissed off, but am disappointed. Guess I'll deal with it in 2 1/2 years. However at the price rate Tesla is going for the P model, the only one I'd consider, probably will be $220,000 by then. Might as well buy a super car at that point, then add a Model 3 for a daily driver.

The current Tesla pricing is unfavorable at the top-end. You get far less for your money on the top-end that you do on the base model.

They shave their margins by offering software locked 60's that are truly 75kw packs and in order to make for that they keep pricing the top-end to even higher levels.
I wonder if the MS is still financing the M3. Since the price hasn't changed....I assume it is.

I wonder if the price of the MS and MX will go down once the M3 is in production.

Lease deals are still good on 70's and 90d's, but get into the P category and US Banks says, no thanks, we can't justify another $43,000 in price simply so you can accelerate from 0-60 in 2.5 seconds instead of 3.9 seconds. When it was $20,000 to go from a regular D model to a P model, their lease pricing was reasonable.

It just makes the P's and P#DL's that much more exclusive. =D It might actually be a ploy to keep values higher.