Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOW, $2,602 lease payment for new P100D!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It just makes the P's and P#DL's that much more exclusive. =D It might actually be a ploy to keep values higher.
In general, the "Performance" trim level of vehicles rarely depreciate well relative to the base. The main exceptions are particularly unique or production limited options. Consider the performance level changes so far: P85 to P85+ to P85D to P85D+L to P90D/P90D+L to P100D/P100D+L and so on. Each new introduction makes the previous substantially less desirable. Most willing to spend $20k+ for a faster vehicle will want the fastest one.

You might say they probably can't improve 0-60 much more than they already. You're probably right, but expect the next rounds of improvements to include better cooling for longer bursts of power, or modified gearing for higher top speeds. There's always more of something.

And your point is? Lease or buy, what's the difference. Payments are higher on a lease than a buy. The only differences are, you are limited on how many miles you can go, but get a guaranteed buyback price effectively, meaning payments after 3 years equal what you owe on it and can walk away. Similar to the actual buyback program they no longer offer.

It is for the very reason that I complained about having an outdated car that I leased instead of purchased. I just didn't expect that it would be outdated in a couple of months. Then was shocked at what it would cost to lease a new one. Clearly US Bank doesn't agree with Tesla's pricing model anymore on the higher end models and are rolling much less into the residual, hence the MUCH higher payments now. Lease deals are still good on 70's and 90d's, but get into the P category and US Banks says, no thanks, we can't justify another $43,000 in price simply so you can accelerate from 0-60 in 2.5 seconds instead of 3.9 seconds. When it was $20,000 to go from a regular D model to a P model, their lease pricing was reasonable.

Based on the poll on another thread, more than half that answered are not happy about their car being outdated so quickly. The other half that answered that they don't mind, are probably those that either don't own one or have had theirs for a long time already. Sorry, if you buy a $100,000+ (or lease it for more per month), I don't care who you are, you're not going to be excited that new features were released a month later that your car doesn't have.

Lots of pissed off existing owners. I'm not really pissed off, but am disappointed. Guess I'll deal with it in 2 1/2 years. However at the price rate Tesla is going for the P model, the only one I'd consider, probably will be $220,000 by then. Might as well buy a super car at that point, then add a Model 3 for a daily driver.

I picked up my MS P90DL on 8/23/16, they day they announced the P100DL. So I am at 2 months and am happy with the car and have no regrets. I bought, not leased, so I am with this car a long time. I am good with the acceleration and while a few more miles range would be nice, I probably won't ever need it. Considering the additional cost for the 100 and now for the AP, I am actually happy that I snagged a ludicrous car without having to spend many thousands more.
If you are buying a Tesla, be aware that these are upgraded rapidly and what you buy/lease will not be state of the art for long. Even someone with a 2014 Tesla has a pretty nice car. I really think I will be keeping this car for at least 5 years, maybe longer. Just because something a little newer is out does not change what my car is/does.

Reactions: rolson1011