Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow, 36.5 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never realized I was such a Luddite for just wanting things like working wipers and seat heater controls. Please. If the 'new' way of doing things is producing such absolute garbage as recent Tesla software, perhaps the process needs some... tweaks.
I must be old too. I am to the point, I just want my car to work. This is Tesla, what is given is also taken away and you can't do anything about it. (Like radar and the better job it did in older cars and soon be be ultrasonics for the rest of the fleet probably). I delayed taking the .36.2 update because I was back on .16 where the Energy Graph was available via voice. I didn't want to loose that and spent MONTHS closing the UPDATE NOW box everytime I drove. .36.2 has energy graph that is nice, but the software still isn't as configurable as the '20 MX and MS were on the Biacle display. Still miss that and the MS has been out refreshed since June of 2021, so 18 month!

Latest bug in .36.2 was the tiny, almost impossible to see WHITE/GREEN gage that shows power level going out or regen being taken, that line kept getting longer and longer until is was across 75% of the bottom of the screen, even when giving about 5% gas. A 2 button reset fixed for now.

That is something no other car has, the 2-button-reset. Of course never needed it either on ANY other brand.

2022 Model S currently on 36.2. I have not experienced any of the bugs noted for rear screen, a/c, display or anything else negative. I have added the green icon for the new energy graph to the bottom bar of my display. It also works with the voice command. It fixed a bug it had where the thumb drive for the sentry mode always said to remove and reinsert to make it work at full speed. It also fixed a bug where I couldn't speak through the cars external speaker when in sentry mode. It behaved like it should be sending the voice in my phone app, but no sound came out of the car. Now it works fine. Never had any problems with auto brights or auto wipers.

This is my first Tesla, so I have no frame of reference for what others describe as a better ui experience in the o!der model S. I'm quite pleased with my experience so far over the last 9 months and 10,000 miles of ownership. I look forward to the updates and the occasional bug or mi!d regression is just part of the fun for me.

I have never had any problems with phantom braking and the recent Tesla vision change that turned off my radar seems to work fine as well. The only change I noticed is that it tends to follow the vehicle ahead of me a little more closely at night. I don't mind the 85 mph limit as all our speed limits around here are 55.

I don't have FSD,, just the standard autopilot. My cars up until now have been Volvos with their level 2 pilot assist system. The Tesla autopilot is markedly better at pretty much everything.

Based on my following various threads in this forum, either I'm incredibly lucky or the only reports of problems come from a small percentage of owners. The majority of us with no trouble simply don't write about it.

As an older (age 71), more experienced driver, (I refuse to call myself a senior citizen), I'm in a unique position to help dispel misinformation and FUD in others my age.

The car is a total hoot to drive and I keep it in insane mode most of the time.

Party on dudes.

2022 Model S currently on 36.2. I have not experienced any of the bugs noted for rear screen, a/c, display or anything else negative. I have added the green icon for the new energy graph to the bottom bar of my display. It also works with the voice command. It fixed a bug it had where the thumb drive for the sentry mode always said to remove and reinsert to make it work at full speed. It also fixed a bug where I couldn't speak through the cars external speaker when in sentry mode. It behaved like it should be sending the voice in my phone app, but no sound came out of the car. Now it works fine. Never had any problems with auto brights or auto wipers.

This is my first Tesla, so I have no frame of reference for what others describe as a better ui experience in the o!der model S. I'm quite pleased with my experience so far over the last 9 months and 10,000 miles of ownership. I look forward to the updates and the occasional bug or mi!d regression is just part of the fun for me.

I have never had any problems with phantom braking and the recent Tesla vision change that turned off my radar seems to work fine as well. The only change I noticed is that it tends to follow the vehicle ahead of me a little more closely at night. I don't mind the 85 mph limit as all our speed limits around here are 55.

I don't have FSD,, just the standard autopilot. My cars up until now have been Volvos with their level 2 pilot assist system. The Tesla autopilot is markedly better at pretty much everything.

Based on my following various threads in this forum, either I'm incredibly lucky or the only reports of problems come from a small percentage of owners. The majority of us with no trouble simply don't write about it.

As an older (age 71), more experienced driver, (I refuse to call myself a senior citizen), I'm in a unique position to help dispel misinformation and FUD in others my age.

The car is a total hoot to drive and I keep it in insane mode most of the time.

Party on dudes.
We have a 2022 Model S on 36.2 and didn't have any problems either. Our 2022 Model X just went from 2022.28.200 to 2022.36.5 this morning.

good point, I bet that's it. I'm on the fence about cloud profiles anyway, only have one Tesla, no plans to drive any others. I think I'll delete the cloud profile and go back to one on board profile only, if that's possible.
I don't have the build with the cloud profile features yet, but I assume that even if you can't delete the cloud profile, you can switch to the local one and just keep using that.

And since Tesla obviously uses a rapid software development process - a methodology which has many benefits, but which also comes at the cost of less testing - bugs will surface with greater frequency than they would have in the old days of rigid, long-term development cycles.
In between extremes would be an appropriate level of QA (including automated testing) for safety critical systems that people count on to get to work every day.

We shouldn't have to read bug report forums to decide when to install updates.

Reactions: OxBrew and smogne41
Wow..2022.36.5 downloaded today In less than 15 minutes. I’m coming from 2022.36.2. After looking at everything, I can not find any difference from the prior version. Everything works fine, just like it has since I got the car in Sept. 2021.
Oh wait….Margarita maker works again now…😛

13C46769-923B-4294-B99A-347DCB2AE7E7.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: cmy4x4

Remote sentry view is new for NZ with 2022.36.+
I tried remote sentry view at home both car and phone connected to WiFi
I wanted to see what it was like in the dark
Worked once at dusk
Tried again when dark
Camera's unavailable
"Daily data limit reached"
I think I tried it about 2 x briefly today when not connected to WiFi

Does anyone know what daily data limit is
I would have thought data limits wouldn't apply to WiFi

Last edited:
Found this, I didn't have sentry remote view on for more than 5 minutes or so on cellular data
At home on WiFi probably about another 5 minutes

Model S in New England hasn't even got the first .36 update yet! It was supposed to fix the loud whistling/whining noise that had started after a prior update.

Still stuck on .28 -- is this the case for others as well? Is this normal?!
:-(
Patiently waiting here as well.

Yes, it is normal for releases to come to different people over what seems like a long range of time.

In this case, the fact that they are rolling out so many versions suggests that 2022.36 has been buggy. So maybe be glad they didn't send you a version that broke something for you.

Patience is a virtue sometimes.