TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wow 60 day lead time?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DeadEnd, Jun 1, 2016.

1. DeadEnd

DeadEnd Member

Placed and confirmed my order today. Got a July - Early August estimated delivery date...

2. chillaban

chillaban Member

Yeah, that sounds about right. There's many folks in the delivery tracker thread that have a late April confirm date but have yet to go into production.

3. IBX1

IBX1 Member

Confirmed mine on May 8th, and am picking it up on Monday June 6th here in Raleigh. Went into production May 25th and finished last weekend (28th/29th). Got an email on May 31st saying it was on a truck, on its way. P90D w/ luda, 138K config. Not sure of that mayters, but it might. Who knows.

• Like x 1
  4. Rhyder

Rhyder Pan fried in a tasty batter

That's fast. Also confirmed 5/8 and not in production yet...

5. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

The dates change during the whole process. I ordered on October 31st last year and had delivery on December 27th. During that time the website gave me estimates as early as first half of December and as late as mid January. 2 months seems about right these days.

Your profile doesn't say where you located, but obviously the closer to CA the quicker the delivery.

Hopefully you used a referal code to get $1k off your order, but if you didn't feel free to use mine located in my signature. You can usually add the $1k discount up until you take delivery, but the program ends on July 15th so be sure to add your discount before then.

• Funny x 1
  6. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

I believe they are building more cars for the international market, so that most likely is affecting US delivery dates.

7. Alex D

Alex D Member

I will get my 70D around the 15th this month, ordered 3/31. So exactly 2 1/2 months turn around time.

8. ishop4more

ishop4more Member

I ordered the week the refresh was announced (somehow, I managed to decide to set an appointment right when the webpage was being updated to show the refresh). So, I ordered 4/16 and confirmed 4/23. If I'm lucky, I'll take delivery either the week of June 20 or June 27, with production supposedly to start this week.

Originally, production was supposed to start May 20 (the deadline for me to make changes) and deliver was to be late May/early June.

9. xav-

xav- Member

I suspect it does matter. The sooner they ship the sooner they can book that $138k. And of course that will help prop up average selling prices etc. That is creative accounting 101.

I bet if I order my $80k config it will take a lot longer :)

10. Zybd1201

Zybd1201 Member

I have the same date and received a pro forma MVPA which states an estimated deliver in Florida of July 20.

11. Tree95

Tree95 Member

Absolutely it matters. Tesla always prioritizes the high margin vehicles.

12. 2virgule5

2virgule5 Member

Orders now will count for Q3 deliveries, so they will restart to build cars for overseas market first then will go back for US ones in August/September.

13. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

@IBX1
    "Confirmed mine on May 8th, and am picking it up on Monday June 6th here in Raleigh. Went into production May 25th and finished last weekend (28th/29th). Got an email on May 31st saying it was on a truck, on its way. P90D w/ luda, 138K config. Not sure of that mayters, but it might. Who knows."

You received yours with "Ludicrous" speed. We confirmed our S70 April 9th, and they sent it by train. We picked it up in Raleigh on Tuesday, June 7th (it was actually available for delivery June 1, but we were out of town). Looks like we missed you by a day.

14. DeadEnd

DeadEnd Member

Confirmed and submitted June 1st I originally had a late July - early August...now I have late June - early July.

• Like x 1
  15. Zybd1201

Zybd1201 Member

I hope mine changes soon too!