Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow 60 day lead time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed mine on May 8th, and am picking it up on Monday June 6th here in Raleigh. Went into production May 25th and finished last weekend (28th/29th). Got an email on May 31st saying it was on a truck, on its way. P90D w/ luda, 138K config. Not sure of that mayters, but it might. Who knows.

Reactions: Tree95
Confirmed mine on May 8th, and am picking it up on Monday June 6th here in Raleigh. Went into production May 25th and finished last weekend (28th/29th). Got an email on May 31st saying it was on a truck, on its way. P90D w/ luda, 138K config. Not sure of that mayters, but it might. Who knows.
That's fast. Also confirmed 5/8 and not in production yet...

Placed and confirmed my order today. Got a July - Early August estimated delivery date...
The dates change during the whole process. I ordered on October 31st last year and had delivery on December 27th. During that time the website gave me estimates as early as first half of December and as late as mid January. 2 months seems about right these days.

Your profile doesn't say where you located, but obviously the closer to CA the quicker the delivery.

Hopefully you used a referal code to get $1k off your order, but if you didn't feel free to use mine located in my signature. You can usually add the $1k discount up until you take delivery, but the program ends on July 15th so be sure to add your discount before then.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I ordered the week the refresh was announced (somehow, I managed to decide to set an appointment right when the webpage was being updated to show the refresh). So, I ordered 4/16 and confirmed 4/23. If I'm lucky, I'll take delivery either the week of June 20 or June 27, with production supposedly to start this week.

Originally, production was supposed to start May 20 (the deadline for me to make changes) and deliver was to be late May/early June.

I suspect it does matter. The sooner they ship the sooner they can book that $138k. And of course that will help prop up average selling prices etc. That is creative accounting 101.

I bet if I order my $80k config it will take a lot longer :)

@IBX1
"Confirmed mine on May 8th, and am picking it up on Monday June 6th here in Raleigh. Went into production May 25th and finished last weekend (28th/29th). Got an email on May 31st saying it was on a truck, on its way. P90D w/ luda, 138K config. Not sure of that mayters, but it might. Who knows."

You received yours with "Ludicrous" speed. We confirmed our S70 April 9th, and they sent it by train. We picked it up in Raleigh on Tuesday, June 7th (it was actually available for delivery June 1, but we were out of town). Looks like we missed you by a day.