Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow Cincinnati! - unexpected incentive :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's something I certainly didn't expect when we got our Tesla...FREE parking at ALL city of Cincinnati parking meters (and one city-owned garage.) The incentive program has been around since 2008 but no one's ever mentioned it at my local dealer or SC. And it was amazingly simple to get the permit - I just called the number posted on their site...got directly to the right guy..and drove down to city hall with a form in hand. Best of all HE CAME DOWN to the parking lot to meet me, verified the car was real, issued the permit (window sticker) on the spot, and said "yes, please!" when I asked if he minded if I posted about the program. No lines, no six-week process, no bureaucratic nonsense. I'm still not sure I believe it.

Anyone have any experience with this? I can't imagine the meter readers are looking out for the rare permit.

Importantly city residency is not a requirement. I live in the 'burbs...no problem. For anyone interested...http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/oes/residential-programs/electric-vehicle-free-parking

I got one of those permits and I don't even live in Cinci. This will come real handy when I come in town to Music Hall in the summer for opera.

The lady that helped me said if ever you get a parking ticket, just call them and they will try to reverse it for you. For real! She said sometimes the meter person will not see the decal because it's transparent. I discovered that if I put a piece of white paper on the dash under the permit, it will show up much better.

I got one of those permits and I don't even live in Cinci. This will come real handy when I come in town to Music Hall in the summer for opera.

The lady that helped me said if ever you get a parking ticket, just call them and they will try to reverse it for you. For real! She said sometimes the meter person will not see the decal because it's transparent. I discovered that if I put a piece of white paper on the dash under the permit, it will show up much better.
Got to use mine yesterday and was having lunch when I saw the parking enforcement guy check the sticker and keep on going! Sweet!

Be careful where you park around music hall...don't go to far looking for street parking.

Looks like this:
C2Y1X8NWQAM8xPQ.jpg

Thanks! Do you just throw it on your dash when using it? I'd rather not have it on my windshield permanently.
It's a sticker, I presume permanent install but I've not tried or considered removing it. The guy at the Environmental & Sustainability Office put it in for me when I showed up for the inspection. It's so low in the far opposite corner of the windshield that I barely noticed it when it was new; two years later I rarely even register that it's there (except for when I'm parking down in OTR for freeeeee).

Reactions: Brian-MS90D