Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wow... Does my P3D have the wrong battery installed at the factory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Guys...

M3P with Upgraded had the car for three weeks purchased new.

- Getting only 120 miles of range from 90% to 20%

- 315WH per Mile and 37KW for this range. (Is it not supposed to use 54kw?)

-100% City driving with a lot of regen.

-Weather between 70 and 95 F.

- Summon and Sentry are both OFF, do not use app constantly.

- Battery part number is 1104422-00-N which does not show on the parts catalog at all.

Seems pretty bad... should I check with Service?

Thanks JC

Last edited:
Reactions: kevin1
So incorrect battery for my car?
The SC is the only entity that can give you the information you need. That’s what they’re there for. Your stated miles at 70% definitely are not normal. I’m getting around 3 miles or so for each 1 percent of charge which equates to around 300 or so miles (at 100% SOC) which is in line for the vehicle config/weather/speed I drive at, etc. But, yeah, definitely time to book a SC appt. which you can easily do through the app.

I wonder if you have a bad module in the pack or something... if you look at the energy usage across 100% capacity it appears you would use ~54kWh. If you assume only 3 working modules that would be 18kWh each, so four would be 72kWh. For “guesstimating” that gets pretty close to the 75kWh size of the LR. You obviously would expect some service message to appear, but maybe there is something going on. Contact service, there is a chance they will remotely be able to see your battery part, it’s health and status, and if there are any charging issues.

• Helpful
Reactions: kevin1