Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow, just wow. Forbes is ok with printing some BS.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The author is the shill "journalist" who reneged on his promise to eat his hat if Autopilot could change lanes. He's also friends with Niedermayer at the Daily Kanban (who was briefly relevant because the Tesla blog called him out over suspension-gate). Not sure if these types of guys are paid to be butthurt at Tesla or if they just do it for free.

Saw that article, too. Seemed pretty much by the book in trashing Tesla by twisting everything positive into a negative. It's a shame that "brand name" outlets do this sort of thing; most people will take them at their word without thinking more about it. But then again, that's probably the point...

//TB

You are right, it is really polluting their their readers and their brands. I have a friend who is avid reader and is always sending me stuff from reputable sources that turns out to be dodgy. Then I've got to argue with him and find even more reputable debunk. Nonetheless, it planted a seed of doubt in reader's mind. It is just horrible that any moron can publish malarkey as fact and these outlets will take it.

Reactions: Mr So Chill
The article originally said 315,000, and some FUDsters jumped up and down in glee. The author rechecked and the official number is still 373,000, and he corrected the number in the article. However, a German audio show used an *old* clip from April is which JB had said "more than 325,000", which was accurate at the time. The FUDsters continued to make hay despite being corrected. We do not ahve an updated official number as yet ... perhaps soon.

Last edited:
The article originally said 315,000, and some FUDsters jumped up and down in glee. .

So Musk didn't actually know the real number and was off by 60k from the "official numbers" despite his comments in April that they had almost 400k pre-orders.
Which is actually off by 85k from what he told the reporter
Well okay, that makes total sense.