TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wow... Really Good Salvage 70D going for $3.6k right now on Copart...

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by satoshi, Apr 20, 2016.

1. satoshi

satoshi Electrical Engineering Student

2. Bishop

Bishop Member

its up to 6k now but if anyone wants the accident report or the carfax PM me

3. matrix4123

matrix4123 Member

What happened to it? worth fixing up or just selling the parts?

4. Bishop

Bishop Member

NOTE: The tesla is vehicle 2

<Narrative>Vehicles 1, 3, and 5 were traveling north on Interstate 75 near mile marker 293 in the center lane. Vehicle 2 was traveling north on Interstate 75 near mile marker 293 in the left lane. Vehicle 4 north on Interstate 75 near mile marker 293 in the right lane. Driver 1 stated as she was traveling north on Interstate 75 in the center lane, a big object was in the center lane. Driver 1 stated she didn't see anything in the left lane and she swerved towards the left lane to avoid striking the object. Vehicle 1 then struck vehicle 2 in the right side with its front. After striking vehicle 2, driver 1 then lost control of vehicle 1, traveling across all northbound lanes on Interstate 75. Vehicle 1 then struck vehicle 4 in the left side with its front. Driver 3 stated as she was traveling north on Interstate 75 in the center lane, she slowed down due to the crash that was occurring in front of her. Vehicle 5 then struck vehicle 3 in the rear with its front. The areas of impact were

5. Bishop

Bishop Member

I was interested in it but it quickly jumped to 6k and i see it quickly going past what I'm willing to spend .. so meh .. I called tesla just to find out what would be needed they said because the side airbag went off it has to go to a certified tesla body shop ( theres not one near me )

6. sukhi

sukhi Member

The real question is whether this can be restored at all. Tough to gauge the cost of such a restoration as well. I guess this is for someone who has a deeper knowledge and hands on experience.

7. satoshi

satoshi Electrical Engineering Student

They say that for anything and everything >.>

8. Ikemey

Ikemey Member

Did you see what its sold for in the end?

9. snaffah

snaffah Member

It went for 29,500. More than I thought it would

10. Ikemey

Ikemey Member

2015 with simple damage. I guess it makes sense for someone exporting to a place that doesn't have support services anyways.