Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow, see Trumps Climate and Energy Policy just put up on the White House Site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An America First Energy Plan | whitehouse.gov

My poor grandchildren.

Good luck Elon.

If we could harness liberal crybaby whining we'd have unlimited energy for a thousand years. "Oh no! a candidate that ran on a platform of America first is proposing that we put domestic energy production ahead of dependence on foreign oil! Stefon, hand me the smelling salts!"

For a guy who comes from a country where free speech is a privilege and not a right, perhaps you'll find that there are a lot of Americans that don't give a damn about your opinions of their constitutional rights.

Not only agencies, but the very foundation of the USA, being the Constitution itself...

The basis of our political systems is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government. But the Constitution, which at any time exists, ‘till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole people, is sacredly obligatory upon all. … If in the opinion of the people the distribution or modification of the constitutional powers be in any particular wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way which the Constitution designates. But let there be no change by usurpation; for though this in one instance may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed. — George Washington

I always find it somewhat ironic when Americans argue about the right to bear arms being a Constitutional right. Of course it is, but it's not set in stone. It's an amendment to the Constitution that took effect in 1791. The Constitution was signed in 1787. When George Washington made his State of the Union Address on January 8, 1790 there was no such right. He said:

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined."

This is often said to have been the precursor to the amendment. But I'm making no judgment call on the right to bear arms. My point is only that what I admire so much about my neighbour to the south, the greatest and most powerful nation on earth, is that it is not held back by religious or any other dogma. In fact, the exact opposite is true: nothing is set in stone. There are no commandments that are fixed in stone. If the Constitution can be changed then all inferior legislation, including EPA legislation, can be changed.

Now back to the EPA... ;)

I have to add this perspective ,,,,

1 . The Earth will survive climate change as it has done before
2 . Life will survive climate change as it has done before
3 . Climate change proponents ,, want to maintain their status quo and perhaps improve it ,,,, allow humans to evolve into intelligent life
4 . Climate deniers ,, want maintain their status quo and perhaps improve it ,,,, allow Earth to evolve intelligent life ,,,,, after the next great extinction
5 . Win - Win for the Earth :)

Personally I have gone back and forth on climate change. So much info and misinformation to wade through. But I do find it ironic , it seems every time there is a climate gathering lately they get frozen out.
Latest example:
Below-freezing temperatures arrive with opening night film 'An Inconvenient Sequel'
Maybe God is putting his 2 cents in.
Oh, I love my model S!
Now I feel apart of the model S thread :)

Solar is getting cheaper, and the US by population is not that large. So it's nearly immaterial how much money err subsidies are poured into oil, LNG, coal.

My computer made of electronics has only gotten faster with newer versions and I'll presume solar, also electronic based will improve and get cheaper.

• Disagree
Reactions: RichardC and HVM
The fuel powering your Tesla comes mostly from fossil fuels at this time. So yes we need to manage how coal and oil are produced and utilized, but wind and sun are not enough right now

Entirely depends on where you live...and the last time I checked the US wasn't experiencing rolling brown outs. So, no, there is no need to increase FF usage. That's what's is being discussed by the new administration, increasing usage.

What we need is investment in renewable energy, stationary storage, and smart grid integration.

I have to add this perspective ,,,,

1 . The Earth will survive climate change as it has done before
2 . Life will survive climate change as it has done before
3 . Climate change proponents ,, want to maintain their status quo and perhaps improve it ,,,, allow humans to evolve into intelligent life
4 . Climate deniers ,, want maintain their status quo and perhaps improve it ,,,, allow Earth to evolve intelligent life ,,,,, after the next great extinction
5 . Win - Win for the Earth :)
Not sure I understand your post. If you are saying there are two valid points of view, that's incorrect. There's one set of measurable facts, and when a theory fits all the facts, its an accurate predictor of future events. That's how science works. If you are saying that climate deniers want a great extinction, I don't think so. They think humans will survive it Just fine as we are.

Reactions: Topher and alexdav
For a guy who comes from a country where free speech is a privilege and not a right, perhaps you'll find that there are a lot of Americans that don't give a damn about your opinions of their constitutional rights.
Most of @Canuck's post was factual, not opinion. Except for the part about admiring the Constitution.

Interesting response.