Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOW...Superbowl commercials taking aim at Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just see ads for electronic vehicles
The funny part is Tesla has been ahead of them for years now and they are just catching up advertising features Tesla pens have been able to enjoy for a long time
But if they take aim at Tesla makes perfect sense Tesla is the biggest contender when it comes to electric car sales
Well just have to wait and see some of the pricing differences and what they will get for there money with some of the unreleased cars
Over here where I’m from a sr+ costs $55990 Cnd
Wish I was in the states where it’s a lot more affordable

It’s a different currency.

Yes I think this too. Using summons to park your car tightly into a parking space, what will the other cars do to get in? Ding Ding!
Done it many times, but only when the drivers drivers doors were facing away from my car. Once at a train station another time at the Mississauga Ribfest. Without summon would have been circling around for a spot. Was also Hilarious when we left someone else tried to get into the spot but couldn't

Comparison to the Model S aside, goodness gracious, the Taycan is such a beautiful car. An absolute styling home run.

From the front it looks aces. The back also looks “OK.” The side profile is not good. The way the front fender sticks out beyond those front doors is a travesty, like they glued the front end of a car to the wrong mid-section.

Reactions: hydro 481
A shiny Model 3 is fine enough for me.

20190915_183756-1cS.jpg

But the Roadster has it all over the Porsche in styling, if you want that look.

Oof. That was painful, and hilariously ironic/hypocritical of Audi. On the one hand, they sell a bunch of gas-guzzling ICE vehicles. On the other, look at how horrible gas-guzzling ICE vehicles are in our commercial for the e-tron!

I think traditional automakers are trapped between a rock and a hard place. They can’t push EVs too much because they don’t have all the categories of vehicles available yet. But then they also have to push forward with marketing what they do have, because otherwise they’re being left behind.

Summon parking (tight spots like in these ads) isn’t practical until everyone has it and everyone uses it. :D

Should be interesting to see if any interest uptick is shown from these ads. Doubt it based on the amount of data in the ads which was zero. Even the Audi one, you could barely tell it was an EV.

Two quick thoughts here -

1. Tesla is outselling them.
2. Healthy competition is a fantastic thing.

Hell, it is fundamentally Tesla's philosophy which drove me to their company, and the car being pretty awesome is just a bonus.
All Our Patent Are Belong To You
If the market sees more electric cars, MORE POWER TO EM. (pun totally intended)

And I love that Tesla still works to be a market leader and disruptor.

• Love
Reactions: Spacep0d and SO16